Dear Family, All right so first of all I guess I will address the concern about why my letters haven't been as long. I only have 45 minutes at the library to write letters and I have to write to you, and president Barry, and I have to read all of the ones I get. Today however I am at a member so hopefully I can get more in before we go play frisbee golf. And dad I know sometimes you would like more but sometimes my letters are like a good book, you want them to keep going but unfortunately they have to end sometime haha
So this week has been a really amazing week actually. My new companion is named Elder A, he is from Ogden, Utah. When he was called to be my companion I new immediately that we were going to work well with each other. He is our new district leader since Elder B. got called to be a Zone Leader. Our first night teaching together we were teaching K. and E. the plan of salvation and in the middle of it while talking about the Holy Ghost, the spirit was super strong and we invited them to be baptized and they said yes. E. has come so far from barely believing in God to now wanting to get baptized. She is going to get baptized this Wednesday before the Youth temple trip so that she can go, so we are way excited for her. But of course there have been some complications which I will talk about in a minute. But yeah Elder A. and I are just already working so well together and its nice having someone that has the same excitement as I do, he's been out for 7 months by the way.
So now I will talk about K. and E. and their family. So after we committed them to baptism we set a time when we could come back and finish the lesson on the plan of salvation. That night we went over there with a member who spoke Spanish so he could help us out a little bit. We invited the husband to come and sit in with us, his name is M. We taught the plan of salvation and it was going really well, Brother M. was answering questions in Spanish and it was just going really well. Afterwards brother manning told us to check and make sure if K. and M. were actually married. So next time we go back I asked her if she was married and she said that they planned on getting married in two years but that they have been together for 7 and they consider each other husband and wife. So yeah major set back! So we didn't know what to say because it was at the end of our lesson that night and we just decided to address it later once we figure out more. Because the main thing is that we didn't want to offend anyone and we wanted the husband to be on board. So we talked to a lot of people and got a few ideas and decided that we were going to talk to them about it yesterday after we watched prophet of the restoration. Before we went over there Elder A. and I both had mighty prayers, and then made our way over there. The thing was though is that the husband wasn't going to be there because he had work so we were feeling wrong about it because we didn't want to go behind his back. but as soon as we knocked on the door the husband pulls up in his car, MIRACLE!!! So we went in there and watched the movie with them. After the movie K. was crying and everyone else loved it and the spirit was so strong. We then talked to M. about what he thought of it and he really liked it and said he knew it was true because of how he felt. I asked him what he thought those feeling meant and I told him it testifies of truth, and then I told him when we get those feelings that they cause us to act. I asked him to act upon his feelings and be baptized. I don’t think he totally understood what I meant but the prompting to ask him to be baptized was so strong and I knew it was the thing that needed to happen. He said he wanted to keep learning and thanked us for coming over. So now we have the husband on board and we are going over tonight with a Spanish missionary to talk with them about it. So please pray for us that everything goes well because this is going to be huge! But you know all I can say about that whole situation is that it was totally spirit led and one of the most spiritual moments I have ever had. We went in there not totally knowing what to do, but because of prayer and faith the Lord led us to do what we needed to do. So that was kind of a big summary of it all and sorry for the grammar but I'm typing really fast. As for other investigators, we haven't been able to get a hold of T. and L. the people we met on the street, but we keep going back and leaving notes and stuff. They actually left us a note the other day and told us not to forget them and to pray for them, so that was good.
So that was the main stuff that was going on this week. I haven't been able to get the package that you sent yet because when I went to the post office on Saturday it was closed and it will be closed today so won’t be able to get it today. But thanks for whatever is in it haha. I hope everything is going well with the family, I'm doing great! I actually know my area a lot better than I though I did, so that’s kind of nice. Its crazy to hear how there is still so much snow getting dumped on the mountains, I wish it would snow here, its getting so hot! we biked over twenty miles last Wednesday and it was 95 degrees outside with a lot of humidity.....yeah I was really sweaty after that day. Our ward is actually getting split next week, so our area will be a little smaller here pretty soon. Hunter its awesome to here that everything is going well and that you are working hard in everything you do. I'm excited that you are going to be playing in the Symphonic band, that must be really cool. I really hope you all will be able to understand my letter this week, because it really is just a bunch of rambling and stuff sorry for the grammar haha I also hope I didn't disappoint this week and that my letter is sufficient haha Well I got to get going someone else needs the computer so you all have a wonderful week!
S
S
Love, Elder Garrett Bushman
No comments:
Post a Comment