Dear Family,
I will first start off with addressing your questions, both mom and dad's. I have a lot to say and not a whole lot of time so sorry if the grammar and what not isn't the best. So Mom, no I am not leaving my area and I'm staying in my same apartment. And I won’t find out who my new companion is until Tuesday so I can't tell you too much about him, but thank you so much for getting those things for me, I really appreciate it.
Dad, as for how my experiences in Iowa have helped me. I can't tell you how many times I have been able to talk to people about how they need to overcome adversity and that how they need to do it is by humbling themselves and coming unto Christ. I share my Iowa experiences probably every week. The main thing I have realized, and I shared this with our new investigators that came to church the other day, is how I was humbled while I was in Iowa . I never realized how prideful I was before my mission until I actually got out here and saw all of it. Before I went to Iowa, you remember, I thought I could do it all on my own, I told everyone how I would never get home sick and how I could handle it on my own, well I was sorely mistaken. The Lord had me go to Iowa so that I could be humbled and realize that I can't do things on my Own and neither can any of us. We need Jesus Christ and his atonement more then anything, and it’s not just for us to be able to repent of our sins, but it also for us to help us through hard times. He felt everything we have ever felt, and if by any means at all we think we can go through this life or any trial on our own, than we are rejecting the atonement of Jesus Christ. Every day we face a trial, and every day we should be looking to Christ as a source of strength and not be just relying on our own. I had to learn that the hard way in Iowa as I was continually brought down by my teammates, coaches, and performance. I realized that I myself was rejecting Christ's gift to me and I needed to change. So what I would say is just to always remember Jesus Christ and his atonement, to never rely wholly on ourselves, but use the atonement, don't just let it collect dust. I hope this answers your question dad.
So as for this week, it’s been really good. We had a zone conference on Tuesday and we talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon the whole time, it was wonderful. I've began to realize that the only reason that anyone would go inactive is because they didn't read the Book of Mormon or have stopped reading it and have not prayed about it. Anyone who gains a testimony of the Book of Mormon Will come to know Jesus is the Christ and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, so those that leave the church will leave crawling and dodging the book of Mormon as they leave. (As Elder Holland says). I have a firm testimony of the Book of Mormon, I know it’s true. I have been reading the Isaiah chapters this week in 2nd Nephi and they are so hard to understand but in chapter 25 it talks about how in the last days that we will be able to understand them, so I'm excited for that.
I am glad that all of you have been reading, it’s so cool to hear of what you have been reading and what you have been learning. I know that every time you read it strengthens your testimony because it sure strengthens mine. Dad I love those chapters about Captain Moroni, he is such a stud! I read them the other week and I couldn't stop reading it, it had me hooked. I can't imagine having to put up with all that stuff he had to put up with, and Pahoran must have had to be a humble man because I know if I had received a letter like that I would have been pretty upset. But I love he scripture, I think its in Alma 46 which says "if all men were like Captain Moroni the very gates of hell would be shaken forever and the devil would have now power over the children of men:" something like that. So continue to read, it’s awesome, and I would encourage strongly all that are reading this letter to read the Book of Mormon, I think I addressed clearly enough about why earlier in my letter.
Well I will find out who my new companion is on Tuesday, I am a little nervous because now I'll be introducing the area and trying to figure everything out, and it has just made me realize how little I really know. But I put my trust in the Lord and continue to Learn, because I know he is my strength. And dad I just can't help to keep feeling overjoyed about my friends that are deciding to go on missions, I knew that all these kids that I have grown up to love and be friends with would make amazing things happen. I have been truly blessed to have grown up among such amazing people.
Well I hope you all have a wonderful week, but I have like two minutes left to finish this letter, so I love you all and have a good one! Love, Elder Bushman
No comments:
Post a Comment