Monday, May 2, 2011

Let us all press on.....

Dear Family,

Thank you all for your love and support, it’s very appreciated. Dad so far I haven't had anything that was as bad a trial as IWCC, my hardest trial is wanting to wake up in the morning and get going. haha I have to constantly remind myself what my purpose is, which is to invite other unto Christ, by helping them receive the restored gospel, through faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. When I remind myself of these things I remember that the worth of every soul is great in the sight of God and that everyone I see needs to here of this glorious message because it is there salvation we are talking about!

This week was actually pretty rough at first. Elder Z. was really getting on my nerves because he seems to just be mad about something all the time, which you know me - when someone else has a bad attitude - it just makes me angry, something I need to work on haha but on Friday we sat down and talked about it, and I told him what was on my mind and to my surprise he listened and after that we had the best weekend that we could have asked for. This weekend we got 3 new investigators, we actually got in and taught some people, it felt so good! It just showed me how unity and harmony in any relationship can make life a whole lot better and you get so much more blessed for it.

On Sunday we had Stake conference and it was so amazing! The first half of it was about the importance of teaching children good principles so they can grow up and be strong. It just made me realize how grateful I am to have had such amazing parents that taught me about true gospel principles and that loved and cared about me enough. I thought back on all the times that I didn't want to listen or I thought your rules were stupid and I realized, when I have a family I wouldn’t do it any other way, those rules were put there because you guys loved me and knew that they would best benefit me. I had an overwhelming sense of gratitude and love for both of you as I realized this, so I hope to let you know how much I love and appreciate both of you, even if sometimes I was a snot.  (haha) You know it made me excited for when I will have a family some day and I will get to teach them and watch them grow. The second half of conference was on missionary work, President Barry was there and he got to speak. I love President Barry, he is such an amazing man.  His desire to help us as missionaries fulfill our purpose and to help us grow is unbelievable. He talked about how each one of us are full time missionaries, that in fact the missionaries that are out for the two years are only part time. We are missionaries FOREVER. Then our stake president got up and he did something that I had never seen before. He said, "By the Keys that I hold, I call each one of you to be a full time missionary, all those that accept this calling raise your hands." It was so awesome! It blew me away, I was so excited. I have a feeling that missionary work is going to blow through the roof now.

Well that’s really all I have to say about what happened this week, I am excited to talk to you guys next week it will be fun. Oh by the way my apartment number is 4101 don’t send anymore stuff to 4104. haha And sorry dad if my email last week wasn't to your approval, I hope I made up for it with the letter I sent.  Oh and that’s hilarious about.....shoot I forgot her name.....umm.....well Austin’s old girlfriend whatever her name is, I really can't remember haha but that was funny. I feel bad for her a little bit, but sucks to be her. Oh and I don’t know when I'll be calling you next week yet, it will probably be around like 5 or 6 or maybe earlier hopefully I'll get to call you before hand and let you know, but I'm almost out of time and got to go, Love you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment