Dear Family, well since I didn’t have much time to write, or type what I usually tell you in my email, I’ll do that now. First I’ll answer questions thought.
This week has actually been really good and really hard. It’s hard because I’m getting pretty frustrated with my companion’s lack of enthusiasm and excitement, so I’m really working hard on being patient but it’s tough. Also he gets really made a little things, he’s way uptight. He’s always apologizing to me at night thought for getting frustrated and stuff, so that helps out a lot.
So the good stuff is that we found a ton of potentials this week. I’ve been praying a ton for this area, that the hearts of the people will soften, and it’s happening, so we are super blessed. Now we just have to make them all investigators this week. Funny story – so we rode by on our bikes, pas a bus stop and we stopped to talk to the people. There were two women and a guy. We started talking and one of the women all of a sudden said, “I’m a gay Catholic.” Well we didn’t know what to say to that so we just said good day and left. Ha ha - it was hilarious.
So anyway we also have this way sweet investigator that Elder Z. has been teaching for like 4 months. She is finally starting to progress. We had her watch Elder Holland’s talk about the Book of Mormon, “Safety for the Soul” and afterwards she said she knew the Book of Mormon was true and that every thing was starting to click. Her husband is a member, but inactive. He is now getting active again and going to get the Priesthood on Mothers day. But the cool thing is, is that his wife after watching that said she wants to renew her vows in the temple! So yeah – she is totally getting baptize and wants to get married in the temple. So amazing!
My week was topped off however when I got to go to M’s baptism. He was just glowing – it was amazing. Sis. H. was so excited to see me, she kept saying thank you to my ride – N, like every 2 minutes. It was hilarious! N is a stud – he is leaving on his mission to Salt Lake City in 14 days and he’s speaking Espanol. Well I better get going to bed so I’ll talk to you all later. Have a wonderful week. Love Elder Garrett Bushman
P.S. – thank you so much for the package and everything. Oh and dad thanks for the poems and that conversation story, it’s actually something I was going to ask you for. It’s so cool! Well have a nice day!
No comments:
Post a Comment