Monday, April 11, 2011

I just got settled and now I'm leaving....

Dear Family,

I'll just start off answering your questions so I don’t forget haha well umm...I don’t know where I’m going yet, I won't find our till tomorrow. So I will let you know next Monday where I’m at.

Man it’s been a crazy week, and I have learned a lot. You know I used to think that I was really humble but I've learned this transfer that actually I am really prideful. haha We had a cool companionship inventory where we wrote down all of the things that we thought the other was prideful at and wow I dominated. haha It hurt at first but then the more I thought about it the more I realized it was so true, so I am really grateful for that companionship inventory. I don’t know, my heart and my mind are just so full to the glory of this gospel right now, there are times when I'm sitting there looking at the clock wondering when nine o’clock is going to get here and then I have to remind myself what my purpose is and that is to bring souls unto Christ by helping them receive the restored Gospel, through faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. What a great calling that is and when ever I think about that I get so excited and so happy, I love it so much! I can't think of any greater thing to do in life than help people come unto Jesus Christ and be baptized into the true church, it means their salvation! It's so important!

The baptisms this week were amazing!  A. and Y. were so happy when they came out of the water, they were just glowing.  Elder P, W and I sang a child’s prayer for them, and I was so nervous!  I'm actually getting a lot better at singing though, like its not the best but I think its bearable haha. I also gave the talk on the Holy Ghost, I wasn't nervous doing this for some reason, the words just flowed out of my mouth, reminds me of D&C 84: 85 which says: "Neither take ye thought before hand what ye shall say, but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion which shall be meted unto every man." I really like that because as long as your studying and always pondering on what you are learning then the spirit will direct what you will say. Just like in D&C 11: 19 which says "Seek not to declare my word but first seek to obtain my word, then shall your tongue be loosed. Then if ye desire then shall ye have my spirit and my word, yea, the power of God unto the convincing of men." Oh man I love scriptures!!!! 

So tonight I get the chance to go talk to and teach C, I can't wait!   Sister H. says he's excited to see us, so he's so totally going to get baptized this next week or the week after. Oh and then we had another miracle, M, the guy that is looking for a job, well he didn't get a job, but his ex-wife is moving out and paying for the lease, so now he can get baptized!! MIRACLE!!!! My companions and I have been so blessed, I can't even begin to describe how lucky I am, I have two great companions and also the companionship of the Holy Ghost. I just hope that wherever I'm going that I will always be able to qualify myself for the spirit so I can keep having such miracles.

Well I love you all and hope you have a great week. But I have to go, bye bye now.  Love, Elder Garrett Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment