Dear Family,
So alright I have about twenty eight minutes to feel you all in on this crazy week of mine so I hope that I can get a good letter in this week.
So we actually had a really disappointing week this week. On Monday Elder A. and one of the zone leaders went to go see E. and K. I went on a trade off with the Assistants, but luckily it was just because they needed another elder because they had two lessons haha but Elder A. told me the lesson went well and that K. was going to talk to her husband about getting married. Well I got a call the next day from K. telling me that her husband won’t let E. get baptized anymore because he thinks that she was going to be getting baptized for the dead. I carefully explained to her that she was getting baptized for herself and not for the dead. She said she understood but that she didn't want to go against her husband’s wishes. They said they still wanted to keep learning but we've been trying to get a hold of them all week and haven’t been able to. So since the zone leaders are Spanish speaking we are going to turn them over to them. I know everything will work out because the spirit confirmed to me that it would, but I just don't know when it will happen, its all in the Lords time.
On Wednesday I went on a trade off with Elder F., another elder in our district. Elder F. and I biked over 30 miles on Wednesday, it was crazy, and we only had a 30 minute break in the day to eat dinner, so we worked our tails off. We also ran into this lesbian couple that had actually been taught before, and let me tell you that was a real interesting conversation. They didn't understand why homo-sexuality was a sin when it wasn't part of the Ten Commandments. I explained to them about how god planned for his children to be able to come to this earth and that can only happen between a man and a woman, but they still didn't understand. She said she would read the Book of Mormon though and said that if she came to know it was true that she would change so yeah we are going back and teaching her haha But I told her basically that it will be hard to get a spiritual witness while she is living in sin, so we'll see how it all works out.
On Thursday we had zone conference and it was really good! We talked about our culture as missionaries, and it's not being like the missionaries in the past or doing this or doing that, but that it is living the Doctrine of Christ. It was just way super powerful and spiritual and I loved it. Afterwards Elder M. came on a trade off with us, he's one of the zone leaders. We had a pretty good day, we talked with a lot of people and we were able to learn a lot from him. That night we were tracting and we knocked on this guys door who said he didn't want to talk with us, so we went on and knocked some more. Well after a little while he came out and he said that he wanted to talk with us and listen to our "pitch" So we went in and started talking, and he was asking us a lot of question about why we were out on a mission and what not and what we believed. We then asked why he wanted us to come back, which ended up being a very bad question. He then began to tell us that soon we will begin to question our faith and other things, and then starts bashing us saying how we are arrogant for believing that we are the only true church, and he through out a couple of f-bombs. As soon as he started that the spirit left the room immediately and I got very angry. However we just sat there and listened and let him rant on about how organized religion is just ridiculous. We ended up leaving him with a Book of Mormon but I just left that place being ticked off. That night I had to pray really hard for forgiveness for getting so angry, and I felt a lot better afterwards.
Even though all this bad stuff happened this week we also had some awesome stuff happen! We set a baptismal date with a kid named I, he is an unbaptized child and they just have an awesome family, I'll have to tell you all about them later. We also ran into this lady named M. on the street and she said we could come back. We went back and she came out with a gospel principles book and she said that she had been reading it every night for 7 years and that she loves it! What a miracle so we are hoping to see her again soon and get her baptized.
On Sunday our ward got split. Our ward was already small as it is, and now it just got a lot smaller, our area is still big but we don’t have a lot of active members, so we have a lot of reactivating to do and finding. We then had dinner at Mamma's house and she served us Ribs, coleslaw, baked beans, hot dogs, macaroni, and ice cream cake. I was in Heaven! We had just gotten done with a 24 hour fast too so I ate a ton! Then later that night we had another meal, so I had to get up this morning and I jump roped for like 40 minutes with a sweat shirt on and sweat pants. haha
Well that was my week; I hope you all had a good week and thank you for all that you do. Wish Jake a happy birthday for me, even though I’ll be sending him a card. Well love you all and have a wonderful week. Love, Elder Garrett Bushman
No comments:
Post a Comment