Dear Family,
Well there are a few things I would like to address from your letters before I tell you about my week, so I don’t forget. First off the only people that actually had problems with the Bed Bugs were the other Elders so I don’t think they are in my clothes Hopefully! Secondly, Dad you referred to how I had said that I could prove the Gospel was true through the bible and in all reality that is impossible. Thank you for saying that it was a truly humbling experience, I think I had stated that because I was just frustrated at the blindness of the people and their ignorance. I was reading in 2 Nephi chapters 28-29 which talk about the apostasy and what will happen. It says in the last days how men will begin to rely on their own knowledge and the precepts of men rather than on the Holy Ghost. It said woe unto these people because they are pretty much denying the Holy Ghost. So it is pretty Ironic that I red that in your letter, and also I thought of those people I had been trying to prove it to be true, and the only way they will believe is if there is evidence in the Bible. They take the bible first then prayer later, so its kind of frustrating. But I then thought about how we can't prove Jesus Christ was real, the only evidence we have are the witnesses of the Apostles because if you think about it, his body was taken away, just like the Book of Mormon was, kind of Ironic. Thirdly I would just like to thank you dad for sharing your letter to Grandpa with me, It was extremely powerful, sincere, and heartfelt and it made me realize a lot of the Good things in you and the things I love about you as well as Grandpa.
I also would like to wish Grandpa a happy birthday, Happy Birthday Grandpa! I hope it was one of your best and I wish I could have been there with all of the family to witness it. And Grandpa I want to thank you for being such a wonderful example to my father and bringing him up in the ways of righteousness. I am truly grateful for the Bushman stubbornness that we all seem to have but I am glad that most of all we are stubborn in righteousness and may it always continue to be that way. I think some of my fondest memories are when you would come to Utah for Christmas and you and grandma would always buy us pajamas and we would open them before Christmas. I loved getting pajamas haha Then of course North Carolina was the best family reunion ever! Grandpa you have always loved us and been there for us and I am sincerely grateful for you, I love you Grandpa and happy Birthday.
Ok so now for my week. Well if you have read my blog you have heard of a few experiences that I have had this last week, so it’s been a good week but kind of a crappy one at the same time. It seems like the work just keeps building up and that at some point its going to explode, and I think that exploding point is going to start happening this next week. We are finally setting Solid return appointments with people and teaching lessons, It is so great and feels so good! So I guess to go on a little more about the miracle we had on Monday, we did set up an appointment with her for Friday, but she called us Friday morning and told us that she wouldn't be able to meet with us because her son had a football game. She apologized a lot and continued to thank us for coming over Monday evening and sharing with her our message and praying for her and her family. She said that she would read the Book of Mormon and give us a call the upcoming week. So she is still awesome but the more days that go by the more people begin to forget that feeling they had, so we are going to give her a call today and set up an appointment with her.
On Thursday I had a district meeting, which I thought went well. I didn't train on anything of huge inspiration or anything but just on simple fundamentals. Repetition in the gospel is everything. Afterwards I went on a trade off with Elder M., a new missionary in my District that came from S, and it went really well. We taught M. that night and invited him to be baptized again. He said he definitely wants to get baptized he just doesn't feel like he could be ready anytime soon. We assured him that he could be and invited him to pray about it. Then we went tracting for a little bit and ran into this lady who had come into contact with missionaries before and she let us right in. She was from Pennsylvania and had lived near the Peter Whitmer farm or something. Anyway she had been given a Book of Mormon before and had read it but didn't think much of it. We asked her if she remembered the importance of it, and she said no, so we taught her the restoration. We committed her to read and pray and then set a return appointment, it was awesome! Right after that we came out and talked to this guy named C. in his driveway and he seemed really interested. He was asking us all sorts of questions and said we could come by anytime.
So it was actually Thursday night that we got the call and we were kicked out of our apartment. We have been staying with our bishop and his family ever since and I am so grateful for them, they are wonderful people. Oh and Dad bishop's son is getting his degree in wildlife management and conservation I think and is looking for someone to send a resume to, or just someone he can talk to so I was wondering if you could send me your contact information and then I can give it to him. Anyway so these last few days have been extremely stressful and crazy. But we should be going back to the apartment tonight so I am excited for that. Today is awesome though because we are going to have two barbeques to go to and then we are going bowling with bishop! I'm excited! But as for Sunday none of our investigators came to church which was kind of frustrating but I think kind of a blessing in disguise. It was fast and testimony meeting and the ward had just gone to the temple the day before, so all the testimonies were about the temple and genealogy work and people were just sobbing. I'm sure if one our investigators were there they would probably have been freaked out. So yeah that is how my week went, but this next week I feel is going to be amazing so I can't wait! Well I love you all thank you for all you do, and have a wonderful week!
Love, Elder Bushman
P.S. Jake I've seen some pictures and I am just letting you know that you have 17 months to get in shape for the Windrivers haha
No comments:
Post a Comment