So this week has been one of the hardest weeks of my mission but also a very rewarding one. At the beginning of the week it just seemed like everything was going wrong. On Tuesday we went to see M. and as we talked he told us that he had talked to his mom (who is Baptist) and she said that he shouldn't join the church unless he had an angelic visitation telling him too. Well we talked about that for a little bit and finally negotiated it down to if he felt the Holy ghost telling him to join he would, so that was a little bit of a disappointment but I have a good feeling about it. He said he would come to our Wednesday night class but he never ended up showing, however a couple of members showed up so I had to teach my lesson on the Holy Ghost, which I based solely on the Bible because I thought mike was going to be there. He told us that he didn't want to read the Book of Mormon until he had finished the Bible.
So on Thursday I had district meeting and it went really well. President and Sister Barry were there and I was a little nervous but not as much as I thought I was going to be. In fact, I think it was one of my best trainings so far. I Love President and Sister B so much. We had interviews right before and they were just perfect, they made me feel so much better. I've just been stressing a little bit because I didn't feel like we were contributing to the mission goal like we should and I didn't know what to do and President B just made me feel so much better. I won’t go into detail but it was good. And finally we had our first lesson the whole week on Thursday but it wasn't much of a lesson because we just argued with our investigator the whole time about how God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are 3 separate beings. Well I didn't really argue but I would just ask questions and then he would preach to us and then I'd show him a scripture and he would just get mad, so it was really frustrating. We also had a lesson with this Baptist kid named J.. He absolutely loves Jesus Christ and so every time we go over I just kind of weasel in Gospel truths that he doesn't know about and finally this time we watched the Restoration and invited him to read the Book of Mormon. He was a little reluctant but I think he will do it, his mom loves us haha. So that was Thursday.
On Friday we had another long day and had another annoying lesson with another guy that had a lot of the same issues as the first. His name is C... and he basically told us that he doesn't think that we believe in the same Jesus. So as you can imagine it was a pretty interesting conversation after that. I basically proved to him that everything we were saying was true through the Bible, but he would just make up his own translations and say that revelation from prophets don't exist anymore and that all we need is the Bible. But we left there committing him to read the Book of Mormon more thoroughly.
On Saturday we didn't get a whole lot done again because nobody was home. But we did go and see M. with a member named Sister B. It was really good because she was Baptist at one point as well and had converted. She is so awesome! She absolutely loves missionary work, she will pray for our investigators and I think she even fasted for them too. haha So we had a long conversation with Mike and hopefully he got some better insight on what our church is all about. However, he didn't come to church on Sunday.
Throughout the week we did see little miracles here and there which were really a blessing. I think on Wednesday we were really having a really hard day and Elder G. and I finally just pulled over and started to pray. When we got out of the car and began to walk a car drove by and then stopped, it backed up and an 18 year old girl rolled down her window and began to talk to us. She asked who we were and we told her that we were messengers of Jesus Christ. She asked if we had a pamphlet and said that she is trying to get back into religion, so we got her phone number and haven't been able to get a hold of her but it was still a miracle. We also got a referral from a Lady in my last ward for a lady named J. We went and saw Jan on Thursday and she went straight to asking about the church and said she wanted to come. It was awesome, however she didn't come to church either so we will go see her this week.
Sunday was absolutely awesome though! M. finally came to Church! After two months of trying to get him to come to church, he finally came! Oh it was awesome and he liked it a lot. After church he said that he would be coming back next week, so we are going to have a lesson with him this week and invite him to baptism again, it’s going to be Awesome! So that’s how my week went.
As for Elder G. he is doing good. He tells me everyday that he wishes he could talk to people like I do, that it seems to be so easy for me. Hahahaha Can you believe that?! Yeah he said that about me, of all people. I told him that he should have seen me back in high school. So apparently my talking skills are getting better so that’s good. Oh something else that’s funny....So we were driving in the car the other day and he starts to fall asleep, so I wait until his head is right down against his chest and I swerve the car and scream. I almost died laughing from his reaction haha he like jumped out of his seat, arms and legs going in every direction. It was a good moment.
Lets see.....I don’t know If I can think of much else. Nope, nothing coming to mind. Well you all have a wonderful week and thank you for the pictures and the letters, its crazy seeing everything going on. I hope all is well and I love you all.
Love, Elder Garrett Bushman
No comments:
Post a Comment