Dear Family,
How has everything been going? Everything out here in the mission field has been going wonderful! I absolutely love being a missionary. We had a better week, we were able to find a couple of new investigators and teach a whole lot more of lessons, so that makes it really nice when you feel like you are accomplishing more. Oh and I would like to address something. Mom please don't worry about me getting discouraged, discouragement is the devils tool so get missionaries to give up, and so I will not get discouraged no matter what happens. I am serving the Lord and that's what brings true happiness. When we live the Gospel of Jesus Christ there is no room for discouragement. You just trust in God and press forward relying on him. So that is what I am doing, I am pressing forward with a steadfastness in Christ and having a perfect brightness of hope…. well trying to have a perfect brightness of hope, but we all know I'm not perfect. haha Anyway so I am doing Great!
So the week went well, we were able to teach a lot of lessons like I said, which was a welcome change. On Thursday we were able to teach a new investigator named J that Elder D and I tracted into like 2 months ago. It was really sweet, we contacted him a while ago and asked if we could come back and so we have been trying and trying but finally we were able to get in. We were able to sit down and teach the first lesson and it went really well. He was listening intently and was asking a lot of good questions. So we are going back to see him today and hopefully we can set up another appointment because he never answers his phone.
So the week went well, we were able to teach a lot of lessons like I said, which was a welcome change. On Thursday we were able to teach a new investigator named J that Elder D and I tracted into like 2 months ago. It was really sweet, we contacted him a while ago and asked if we could come back and so we have been trying and trying but finally we were able to get in. We were able to sit down and teach the first lesson and it went really well. He was listening intently and was asking a lot of good questions. So we are going back to see him today and hopefully we can set up another appointment because he never answers his phone.
We were able to teach L twice this week, I don’t know if I have told you much about her, but she has been reading the Book of Mormon like crazy and almost has all of it done. We keep inviting her to church, but she doesn't want to come until she knows more, so we are taking her on a church tour this Tuesday so we can get her more familiar with the church. She is really coming a long, she is the only one really keeping all of her commitments so we are really excited about her.
M is still being a little lame. I'm trying to be less critical but he is just so darn stubborn. He is caught up on this whole book that is going to be written by the gentiles for the gentiles. It talks about this book in the Book of Mormon in 2 Nephi 30 but it is actually talking about the Book of Mormon and we tried to explain that to him but he won’t listen. So we then watched Prophet of the Restoration with him and the spirit was so strong the whole time. We asked him how he felt and he said he felt warm the whole time and that he knew it was all true, but that he's still caught up on the whole book of the gentiles thing. Oh it was frustrating, he totally had a spiritual confirmation, and Elder Green and I bore powerful testimony and he still won’t accept it. But we have some good things prepared for him and hopefully he will just let down his pride walls and accept the fact that there is only one true church.
We were able to contact L yesterday again. She is still excited to meet with us and she wants us to give her a call on Thursday, so I just can’t wait for the time that we get to teach her, she is so ready for the Gospel.
We also got a referral for a man named A from a member in his neighborhood last week. We had the chance to talk to him that day and give him a Book of Mormon. Well we have been trying to go back all week to talk to him but he was never home. Well finally we talked to him yesterday and we were able to sit down and have a lesson. He had all sorts of questions and it was great because we were able to answer them all and he said that he would definitely read and pray. So it was just another last minute miracle and it goes to show how important member missionary work is. There are people all around us just searching for truth and don't know where to find it, and it is our responsibility as members to befriend them and show them where true happiness comes from.
Well that is how my week went this week, unfortunately nobody showed up to church but we are continually being hopeful and we are continuing to see little miracles here and there. Oh by the way the weather is starting to get wonderful here, it has been 75 degrees the last two days with cloud cover and a cool breeze, it’s been like heaven. I am so happy it’s not hot anymore!
Oh and Dad sorry if I am not responding to any parts of your letter yet, but I haven't gotten it yet so I can't really. But I did think of a few more things that I would like for my birthday, Wow I can't believe I am almost twenty, I remember last year when I turned 19 like it was yesterday. You all drove all the way out from Utah to take me to Texas Rode house and it was amazing! Then I got a bunch of stuff stolen from me that night haha good times. Well anyway, so I think I will need a new church shirt, and well I can't remember now but I have a list and I will send it next week haha
Well thank you for all that you do and I am grateful for all of you. Have a wonderful week! Love, Elder Garrett Bushman
No comments:
Post a Comment