Monday, September 26, 2011

It's birthday week in Florida.....

Dear Family,

Well I guess the first thing I need to say is that I'm not getting transferred, I'm staying in J C. So this is kind of weird because this will be my first time for having a companion for more than one transfer haha Kind of weird but it will be fun. And thank you for the Birthday wishes I really appreciate it. I'm glad you enjoyed the videos and the pictures we've been having a good time, well except for the bed bugs, but other than that it’s been really good. And when you say that they inspired you, does that mean you all are going to be singing......oh I sure hope not hahaha just messin. Anyway I don’t have a super a lot of time this week to write because we are going down to St. Augustine for a district P-Day so it should be fun, but I'll tell you about our week.

So this week has actually been a pretty rough week but a good one at the same time. We were able to learn a lot of good lessons and realize that we needed to rely on the Lord more. The first part of the week started off really well, we were able to teach quite a few lessons in the first 2 days of the week, but then we didn't teach a single lesson after that for the rest of the week, except to members, all of our investigators abandoned us haha One of our Investigators, L, we took her on a church tour on Tuesday and invited her to come to church but she is still very  skeptical, she doesn't want to come to church until she reads the whole book of Mormon. She feels that if she comes she isn't going to be able to keep up because she doesn't know where any of the scriptures are. So we are still working with her but she went out of town this weekend so we couldn't see her again. M is still struggling, we weren't able to have a lesson with him at all this week, he kept post-poning and post-poning to the point we never even got to see him, so that was pretty frustrating. However, we did get a new investigator on Monday named H.  Last Sunday we went over to one of our investigators houses and we began to teach and his daughter H was there so we started to talk and she began to ask us a lot of questions. Well she said that she wanted to read the Book of Mormon and asked if we could give her one, so of course we said yes! And then as we were leaving we asked if we could do anything for them and she said "yeah come back again" haha it was amazing! So we went back on Tuesday and had a quick spiritual thought and prayer, because it was late, and set up a time to go back which is tonight! So we are really excited about her and hopefully we can get them all out to General Conference. Speaking of General conference, I hope you all are getting very excited, because I am! I absolutely love general conference, it’s the best thing ever! We are so lucky to have prophets and apostles that get to speak to us every six months, I never realized how important this was obviously until I came out here on a mission, but it is so important! President Uchtdort told a story of a man that was talking to a friend about having prophets and apostles and his friend said well if this is really true, what did they say last at the conference. Well needless to say the member went from being very excited to extremely embarrassed because he couldn't remember a single thing. His friend said "so you're telling me that you have prophets and apostles that talk to you and teach what the Lord wants you to know and you don't even listen?" So family, don't be that person haha I hope you all get the chance to watch and not only watch but "Listen" because it really is such an amazing experience and I am so mad that I took it for granted all of those years. Well anyway enough of me rambling on about that. 

So for the rest of the week.....Well we tracted a whole bunch this week, more than I have in the last 3 months and we didn't get one person that wanted to talk to us. I had to tell my companion the story of dad's fruitless six months which I think seemed to help us both out a lot. We had the opportunity to have dinner with our bishop on Sunday and we finally got to ask him what he thought we could do as missionaries to help the ward. Well, the sad thing is, is that he didn't know. He just told us that it was a tough area and it always has been. Every single baptism in this ward for the past 6 years has been through a member referral or a friend of a member, so that will be the best way for us to find solid people. I think we are gaining favor with the members though because we have been seeing them a lot and we have been taking their sons out on trade-offs with us so that has been the good things that are going on. 

Well I am sorry to cut it short but I really have to go, I love you all and have a wonderful week!

Oh and Grandma I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday is well! I love you so much and am so grateful for all that you have done through out my life, not just for me but also for my mom and my family. You raised a wonderful daughter and she has taught me so much and been such a guide for me in my life, so I am so grateful to you for doing so a fine job at raising my mom. It's fun having the same birthday as you, I've always been so proud of it haha But grandma thank you again for all you do, you are a great example to me and Have a wonderful Birthday!  Alright now I will be done for sure, Cya!  Love,  Elder Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment