This week has been a long and hard week, so I am grateful to be starting over a new one haha Well the week started off great with N. saying he wanted to get baptized and we set a date for this next Sunday which was awesome, and this happened on Tuesday. It was kind of cool too because he came to us and said he wanted to get baptized. He just texted us Monday night and said he wanted to because he was thinking about it, and it gave him the chills and he felt really good and he said he knew it would bring him greater happiness. So we told him everything that needed to happen for him to get baptized and planned it all. However through out the whole week we couldn't get to him and finally on Saturday we had everything lined up for him to come to a baptism, and he bailed on us. He had to go look for a place to live because his lease is up in 30 days at the place he is living at. And so he didn’t come to church and I'm not sure what we can do for him. Its a sick feeling when you care and worry about someone and their life isn’t going the right way. I imagine its somewhat similar to how parents feel when their kids go astray, but probably not quite as much. So yeah that’s N's story so far.
On Wednesday I had district meeting and it was good. We had the ward mission leader show us how to do a church tour and then I had a training on the role of the holy ghost and how we can use it to be more confident and have more power and Authority to spread the gospel. I love talking about the Holy ghost because to me there is nothing greater than the gift and companionship of the Holy Ghost. To me the Holy Ghost symbolizes a PERFECT FRIEND. He's there to comfort us (John 14:26-27) he's there to lead us, guide us, protect us, prepare us, calm us, give us strength, and so on and so forth. Aren't those the perfect attributes we would want in a friend? So I think its ironic when we do things to push him away haha but we aren't perfect, that’s what the atonement is for. But you know I really do know there is nothing more loyal to us than the holy Ghost, It truly is an amazing gift we have, and when we have the Holy ghost it brings us confidence, not confidence in pride, but confidence in sharing the gospel with others. So how do we help others feel the spirit that comes from us, well we love them, we serve them, and we bear our testimony. There is nothing more powerful than a simple testimony that is sincere and heart felt. Its what brings the convincing power of God to help us and others feel his love. There's a quote by President Thomas S. Monson that I love and it says, "Regarding one's testimony, remember, that which one willingly shares he keeps, while that which he selfishly keeps he loses." what better way to build our own testimony than by sharing it with others. D&C 121: 45-46 is a super powerful scripture on how we can do and have all these things I talked about.
Well there's my spiritual speal but back to the rest of the week. So all week we tried to get a lesson with A. and C. and couldn't get one. Oh but I did get to go on a trade off with Elder J. which was fun, its a crazy place. And he had a membership at a gym and oh did it feel good to get a solid work out in, I was in heaven being back in a real gym again haha. But yeah the rest of the week we just got doors closed in our face, had to ride bikes all week, and got drenched by rain while riding our bikes on Friday. So this week has just been really hard and yesterday I had to stay home from church with Elder R. because his is really sick, so its now been two weeks in a row I've missed the sacrament which really stinks. But you know what, there are always better days ahead and I am fortunate enough to have my best friend, the Holy Ghost, to help me through. So like I said, I am grateful to begin a new week and I feel really good about this week, its going to be great! I hope you all have a good week and I'll talk to ya later! Love, Elder Garrett Bushman
No comments:
Post a Comment