Tuesday, July 19, 2011

So very excited!!!!

Dear Family,  So Elder D. and I had an amazing week, but before I get to that I guess I'll answer some questions first. So yes dad I do get your letters, thank you so much for them they are awesome and I also get your emails. I wish I understood more about law because in your last letter I had no idea what you were talking about haha but it sounds like you are way super busy with work right now, which is probably good and bad yeah?

Ok so first off I just got to let you guys know something really cool...................ELDER HOLLAND IS COMING TO SPEAK TO OUR MISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that not the coolest thing EVER! I am so excited!!!!! I can't begin to describe to you all how happy I am haha I get to meet an apostle! Especially Jeffery R. Holland, he is one of the most powerful speakers, I love listening to him talk. Also the week before we have a seventy who is going to come speak to our zone and the Jax west zone so its going to be awesome! oh and Elder Holland is coming to speak to us on August 13, it's going to be so amazing.

Ok so now for the week. Elder D. and I are having a blast right now, we are being so blessed. On Monday we went and saw this former investigator named C. We just started talking to him and some how started talking about Christ and the atonement, and really had a way spiritual, powerful lesson. It was so spirit led too, its amazing how the spirit can just guide you on what to ask and when to say something and when to listen. Anyway he invited us back over for the next day to do some service for him. While we were there we really made good friends with his son A. and his grandson S. After service C. went to go get some food for us, so we went back out and worked some more, went and saw some people and then came back. We got back before C. got home and I had the thought to go watch the restoration with A. and S.  So we went in there and we were like "hey you guys want to watch a movie with us?" and they said "sure, is it about Jesus" we were like "yeah a little bit" haha so we explained it to them and then watched it, and they were glued to that TV! It was so awesome.  C. came back and we ate dinner, then we had a short lesson with them and invited them to church. C. was a little unsure, but A, said yes right away and so did S.  haha so that was awesome!

On Wednesday I had leadership training which was really good, we went over some things that could benefit the mission and how to become more effective leaders, I loved it, President Barry really is called of God to lead this mission, I just love learning from that man and also from the other leaders. On Thursday I had district meeting and pretty much just went over everything that we went over in leadership training and it was good. My district is awesome, there are only four of us in it, and the zone leaders so it’s a very tight knit unit and we all get a long great. We also had a way sweet lesson with this guy named M. that night and invited him to be baptized at the end and he just sat there for like 3 minutes thinking and said "well that’s hard to say no too" then thought some more and then said " I'll have to get back to you, I can't answer right now" oh man he was so close to saying yes! but we are excited to keep working with him.

Friday and Saturday were kind of stinky days though. It rained all day both days and nobody even opened a door for us, it was terrible. But finally Saturday night we got into C's door and I can't tell you all that went on but basically we offered him a blessing and told him what it is and he said he would like one. He took us out to dinner first, which was awesome and by then it was 9:00 so we didn't get to give the blessing that night but we re-invited them to church and of course A. said yes right away again haha

Sunday was our culminating day this week, it was amazing! We went with some members to go pick up some investigators, A. and a kid named N, C. didn't come. But we arrived late to sacrament meeting which really stunk but we had 4 investigators at church! I kind of took A. around to all of his classes and stuff and he absolutely loved church! He was asking me all sorts of questions about the atonement, and what it meant that the son of man descended below them all, it was so cool! Then after church we went and gave C. a blessing, and it was just way super spiritual and we had a member who spoke Spanish with us which was even better. We also gave A. a Book of Mormon and he said he would read it every night. Oh man it is just so exciting! Our goal is to set a date with them this week so its going to be good. So yeah we had a great week!

So Hunter's team took second huh (at state)? Well that’s cool, they made it a long way I bet that was exciting, and Mom you'll have to send me pictures of Big Sky Montana I want to see what it looks like. Oh by the way that was so weird getting Austin and Libby's wedding announcement in the mail, SO WEIRD! But I guess its good that Austin is finally growing up and becoming a man, ITS ABOUT TIME!  hahaha Well I can't really think of much else to say, so I guess I'll say goodbye and I love you all, Have a great week!  Love, Elder Garrett Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment