Monday, March 26, 2012

The Superbowl!

Dear Family, Wow it sounds like things are pretty crazy back home. I'm glad you got to have those face shots with the snow Dad, that's what I got to enjoy one last time before I left, it's pretty amazing! But don't worry it is not distracting me, teaching the Gospel is 100 times better! And mom I'm glad you are feeling better, that's one thing I’ve been blessed with so far being on my mission, I haven't gotten sick, so I just keep praying that I won’t.

Well this week has been a super crazy week for me as well; we had our 2 trade off days while we were out of our area again. We went up to R to go on a trade off with Elder L and Elder M. They had to do an emergency transfer because Elder L's companion had to go home, so Elder M, who has been in one of my districts before came up to R. I had the opportunity to go with him and it was a pretty crazy experience, because he was really down. He just didn't understand why it had to be him that got transferred especially when they were finally having success down in G, so we talked for a long time and then got out and worked hard. They have seen a lot of success since then, so I'm hoping that he is feeling better and recognizing the Lord's hand in his life now. It was perfect that I went with him though, because I felt much the same way when I got transferred to J.C., after having such a great transfer with Elder A and seeing so much success and then being pulled away, it was hard but the Lord knows us better than we do and he does everything for our good. 

After that we went up to B and had a good trade off up there. The only problem is that I barely got any sleep each night and so I was getting pretty cranky by Thursday. I hate feeling that way, because I really don't want too but it's so hard to control it. Then when we came back to make matters worse, all of our appointments fell through and so now I am tired and mad because everything fell through, but we just went and hit the skreets (his words) and started to talking to a lot of people, and it made me feel a lot better. That's what I love about hard work, if things aren't going well and you are feeling weighed down, then get out there and do something that gets your heart pumping and the sweat rolling and you will feel a lot better. Speaking of sweat, it is already getting super warm over here. It has been 84 most of the week and its only March!!! I'm not too excited for the summer, but it doesn't matter because the work is the same and it is still wonderful!

Our week was looking pretty bleak after our trade-offs because of all the appointments that were falling through and it seemed like everyone that we were finding didn't live in our area, so we were giving away a lot of referrals, but we pressed our way onward and in the end the Lord pulled through for us. We ended up having 4 of our investigators at church, two of which we had originally dropped earlier in the week because they canceled our appointment and I got frustrated and dropped them, but we decided to go by on Saturday to see them. Her name is R and the other is B, we talked to R and had a really good talk at the door about how much we cared about her and only wanted the best for her, she started crying and the spirit was really strong. She told us that she was coming to church that minute and we found a ride for her. Sunday morning we pulled up and she had woken her self up and scared me half to death by jumping out of her house while I wasn't paying attention, but she told us that B would be coming with her, which he hadn't been yet, so we were really excited. Brother R picked them up and we went to church. We had a really good fast and testimony meeting and B and R absolutely loved it and we have an appointment with them tonight to reset their dates, they are amazing!

Also this week we had our investigator, T, since I have been here we have been teaching and she finally told us that she felt like she was ready to take the next step. She has gone from zero faith to, in her words, 99.99 percent faith, and it has been amazing to see. Well last night we went to her house and we were able to set a date and calendar with her for April ___, I am so excited, it will be so good for her, and it's great because I have been teaching her for so long and its now all finally coming together. So despite the earlier problems in the week, everything turned out extremely well by the grace of God. But yeah that is how my week went and I am excited to start this new week, especially with General Conference coming up!  It’s like the Superbowl for us! haha Well I got to get going, but you all have a wonderful week, and I love ya. Love, Elder Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment