Dear Family,
Wow, it's amazing how fragile life really is isn't it? I definitely remember The Smith family and I am saddened to hear that happened, but I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation and for the Temple, knowing that the priesthood authority and power has once again been restored to the earth to bind our families together forever, what a tremendous blessing! And yes Dad I guess you could say my blog post was a little bit out of frustration, but mostly just saddened by the state that a lot of these people live in. This weekend was St Patrick’s day and here in S they have the second largest celebration in the United States, there were over a million visitors to S over the weekend. But leading up to the event there were just posters after poster talking about beer and everyone just talked about the parties and how drunk everyone gets and its just a sad thing that for people to have fun the have to revert to doing things that in the end will ultimately bring them eternal unhappiness for a few moments of pleasure. We unfortunately had to drive through down town at one part of Saturday and there was just so much immodesty, immorality, drinking, and everything else you can imagine going on, it was just sickening. But despite all the wickedness that goes on in the world and despite the great hold that Satan has on so many hearts, there is also so much good and beauty in the world, and that is why the Gospel Changes Everything.
Anyway, but I had a wonderful week! Because this week was transfer week, we didn't have to go on any exchanges so we got to work a lot in our area and we got a lot of work done which was really nice. Unfortunately nothing really super special happened this week, all I can think about right now is just how grateful I am for having the Gospel in my life, I don't know where i would be with out it, and I wish I understood it like this before my mission, of course I still don't understand nor appreciate it fully, but I do understand it better and I could have done so much better as a teenager, but thank goodness for Repentance! haha Anyway, sorry my mind is just in other places I'll try to focus on what happened this week. Well we didn't get to speak at a P Church this week so I don't know of anything that can compare to that. Oh by the way mom, I noticed that you said I looked skinnier in my photos which doesn't make much sense because I haven't gained or lost a pound so I don't know what to tell you. However, Elder N and I have kicked it up a notch and have been running about 2 miles every morning this week, but still haven't been loosing any weight.
Well I got this week to share are funny experiences that happened basically because nothing special went on and all of our investigators are doing pretty well. On Friday we went over to see T, she's been a long time investigator, but is slowly but surely progressing. Well anyway they live in a really hard circumstance with her being divorced and her ex-husband being a really bad example of how to treat other people. Well I guess her son tried to take a swing at Ts roommate the other day and so T asked me if we could council her son. I didn't really know how to respond to that since I have no authority over her son whatsoever but I went a long with it haha I decided to kind of brush around it but still get the point across to read Alma 56 and 57 about the 2000 stripling warriors. A really respects us and I think the story went really well with the situation, but that wasn't enough for T, she ended up leaving us alone out on her back patio with her son to talk to him about being a respectful young man. At first it was kind of awkward, but then we just started talking about sports and eventually we were able to tie in the gospel and it really impacted him, it was really cool.
On Saturday we went to go see the O_____s and when we got there they told us about how their next door neighbors dog killed their cat and how she wanted us to pray over his grave. Well we went into the backyard and stood over the burial sight and I volunteered Elder N to do it. By the way Elder N is extremely allergic to cats and hates them with a passion hahaha He was so mad, and he told me that his prayer was a complete lie because he hates cats, oh it was great! Anyway things are going good here and I'm loving every minute of it and I love all of you and thank you for your prayers and everything you do, have a wonderful week!
Love, Elder Bushman
Great post. Thanks for sharing. It is truly discouraging to see how much sin is out there and how widely it is accepted via media and other outlets. But it is a blessing that people like you are out there hard at work, caring and loving people who so desperately need it. And you keep a sense of humor about it (i.e. the last paragraph). :)
ReplyDelete