Dear Family, Well just about 4 minutes ago I was writing a very exciting exuberant letter when all of a sudden, after about 20 minutes of typing, it all got deleted right before my eyes and I have no way to bring it back. So as you can imagine I am once again very frustrated and my patience is wearing thin. However I will once again try to summon the excitement I previously had in my other letter into this one.
Helloooo Family! It's another beautiful sunny day here in Georgia , it's about 60 degrees with a light crisp breeze and it just feels absolutely wonderful! This is the kind of weather that I like up here. I am glad to hear all is going so well back on the home front because everything is just going wonderfully here. As I was saying in my previous letter, I think Dad has more excitement and enthusiasm about skiing than I did, and Hunter just to let you know you are getting extremely spoiled! haha But I guess I can't complain since we all went to Hawaii while Austin was on his mission, but I guess when Hunter goes on his that Dad and I will have to go up to Vail or something and go on like a week long ski trip, oh yeah!
Well what a great week, I love the stress and the excitement about missionary work. I love the feeling of having a lot to do and being able to get it accomplished through the Lord's help. It seems like at the beginning of each new week it’s just another opportunity to improve and progress and I love the challenge. I was talking to Elder N this morning about the beauty of missionary work and how it is so rewarding. I never thought that I would enjoy having so much to do and have so much to think about and have so many things to worry and ponder about, but I absolutely love it! Each week is the start of trying to work with investigators to help them get baptized and it ultimately all leads up to them coming to church. Sunday is by far the most stressful day of the week for me, no longer the most relaxing, but after church it gets more relaxing. Then just a few hours later you are back at again, starting a new week over and beginning another climb - its amazing and Elder and I are being extremely blessed with a lot of wonderful people to work with, but I will talk a little about what went on this week.
The week started off pretty slow but really picked up with the last 3 days. On Wednesday we went down to zone leader council which was amazing! I just love being down there with all the other leaders and especially with President and Sister B. I love feeling their great spirit, they just having something different and special about them, they really love the Savior and all of us missionaries so much, it’s incredible. On Thursday we went on a trade off with the H Elders which was a lot of fun, however I did get eaten alive by Sand Nats! Oh yes, those little demons straight from the fiery pits of Hell are out again, and I am not excited about that one bit, but I will Endure! Gotta love that 13th Article of Faith! It was great though, because on Saturday we had a massive rain storm and it rained all day and all night and completely wiped them out, and it got cold afterwards so we are doing good in that area so far. In fact we even had a tornado warning on Saturday, which means there was actually a tornado, luckily it was a little north of us and didn't head in our direction, but we did have to go back to our apartment for an hour under Sister B's orders.
We are teaching this wonderful couple in their 60’s. They are just amazing! C is a convert and has been a member for over 20 years but has been inactive for the last 12. She has been going to other churches but she was friends with J because her and R go to her support group and when they found out J got baptized they wanted to come back to the church. C has had a testimony all of the time that she has been inactive and is very excited to come back; in fact she bore her testimony on Sunday! They are such a sweet couple and C just talks about how R is going to get baptized and how they are going to go to the temple and get sealed. Well on Sunday after Church R told us that he wants to get baptized! Oh yeah! So we are super excited about that!
We are also teaching this really amazing man named O. He is so funny and he loves us, so we have a lot of fun teaching him. He was supposed to come to church on Sunday but couldn't because he couldn't find a ride and he contacted us way too late so we couldn't get him one unfortunately, we went and saw him afterwards though and he wants us to come over this week and he is going to make us dinner, so I am really excited about that. I love praying with him too!
There are a lot of other people we are working with; unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to talk about them because this is the second letter I am typing because the first one got deleted, so I apologize. Just know that all is going well and that I am very grateful for all that you all do for me and for all of your prayers. I feel so blessed to be serving a mission at this time and I know without a shadow of a doubt that I was meant to be here at this time. I feel that every event in my life has lead up to this point in my life to be here serving the Lord and being under President B. God is good and his hand is in every aspect of our lives, all we have to do is recognize it. Love you all, have a great week!
Love, Elder Bushman
I talked a little more about Preach My Gospel in my other letter, so I am sorry I couldn't talk about it in this one, but I am excited that the Ward is picking up on it, it is so important!
No comments:
Post a Comment