Monday, November 7, 2011

Here we go again.....

Dear Family,  Well....I'm getting transferred. After 4 and a half months of being in J.C. I'm going somewhere new, and to be honest, I'm quite sad about it. However, now it’s on to a new area with new people and a new companion to start over. So far as I know I am staying a District Leader, I haven't gotten a call from President yet to release me or anything, dang it, haha just kidding but that's as much as I know at this time. Thank you for the pictures you sent me, I can't believe how much bigger Lane and Heber are its crazy, and Heber is walking?? What? Last time I saw him he couldn't even crawl, that is so weird!  That's so amazing that Jeff and Jenny had another girl! I wrote them a letter this week and I haven't sent it off yet, so if you see them tell them I apologize and that I will get it to them soon.

 Alright now I'll tell you about my week even though it wasn't very eventful and right now my mind is just contemplating on the last few months here. As I've thought about these last months I keep thinking to myself that I could have done something more that some how I didn't do enough, but then I just get this peaceful feeling that I did do a lot of good. If anything else I've grown so much since I have been here, I've grown to love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I've learned how to handle hardship. How I've learned to handle hardship is by understanding the Gospel of Jesus Christ and applying it in my life. I know I'm not perfect, that's why it takes faith, repentance, renewing baptismal covenants, having the Holy Ghost as my guide, and enduring to the end. Without that process right there life would be miserable, it would have no direction and it would be depressing. The Atonement of Jesus Christ makes it all possible, this process only works because of him, the plan of salvation only works because of him, EVERYTHING only works because of him, without him we are nothing. Just those thoughts make me feel so good in knowing that I can't do it all on my own, in fact it's impossible to do it all on my own, I need him and I need his spirit. And I love being able to change, the Atonement makes that possible for that to happen, because trust me I've had to make a lot of changes while I've been here and I still have a lot to go, but I know that I can do it. If anything I am just grateful that the Lord put me in this area to grow, I needed it, and I know that I left it better then when I got here, so I am well pleased with that.

But anyway on Monday we didn't really do much, we weren't able to tract so we went to Sister B’s house and sat out in her driveway with her as she passed out candy, The funny thing is, is that we gave her pass-a-long cards so that when the kids came by she would give them a handful of candy and a couple of pass-along-cards as well hahaha Sister B is Amazing!  After that we went and saw another member for a little bit and then went home, so it was a pretty uneventful night.  On Tuesday we had, well I don’t know really, I can't think strait oh wait, nope I remember we had zone meeting and it went really well!  Elder R and Elder T gave some really good training.  After that I can't really remember much else.

On Wednesday we did some service for Brother and Sister C. It took so long though, we put up some shelves for their food storage and cleaned a lot of the mess that they had. It's amazing how much food they have, they probably have enough food to literally last them 4 years; it’s incredible!  So you can imagine the kind of work that this project entailed.  So that actually occupied the bulk of our day and then we were supposed to have a few appointments which I think fell through, but I think a few of them did work out if I remember correctly. haha Thursday was wonderful though!  We took C. B., who is a priest in the ward, out with us and we were able to see a lot of people and most importantly this guy named W.  He is so amazing; he is really spiritual and really humble. He has had some things happen in his life that have truly humbled him and he said that he wanted to come to church with us because so far he hadn't been able to find a church that was right for him. He wasn't able to come to church this Sunday but he said he wanted to come to our Wednesday night class and that he would come this upcoming week, however I won’t be here. 

On Friday Elder R got called to be an assistant to the President, which is so crazy. Elder R is probably one of my favorite missionaries and it has been such a wonderful blessing to be serving around him for the last 4 and a half months. So the current Assistants came and picked him up on Saturday and so from then on we have had Elder T with us. Sunday was a wonderful day to behold.  We didn't have anyone come to church but we did get to witness a baptism that the St. Johns Elders had. It was one of the most powerful baptisms I have ever witnessed; actually it is probably the most powerful baptism I have ever witnessed.  Her husband had been less active for a long time and I guess one day she had prayed for an understanding of which church they needed to be apart of when Elder R and Elder D knocked at her door. They were on a trade off.  Ever since then they have been teaching her and she had no belief in Jesus Christ or any understanding of why He is important, but now she does and she was able to be baptized by her husband.  It was absolutely beautiful, and the spirit was absolutely amazing!

So that was my week in a nutshell, not much else to say. Oh but do tell Nick congratulations for me, that is so amazing that he is basically going to the same mission as Jake!  Oh and I remember what else, I guess I can tell you what I would like for Christmas. Well I would like a CD by the Nashville Tribute Band called "Work" it’s a tribute to the missionaries. And if you could send me out one of my sweatshirts, preferably not a nice one, but I will probably need it soon when it gets a little colder. Other than that I can't think of much else, I'll tell you if I do. Well you all have a wonderful week!  Love, Elder Bushman

P.S. Don't write to me this week because I'll be in a new area, just send emails. I'll let you know my address next week

No comments:

Post a Comment