Dear Family, Well I guess I'll start by answering all the questions since supposedly I still have a few to answer. By the way dad I never got your letter until the Monday after I had done email so I wasn't able to answer but don't worry I will do so now. President B came out with us just because he has been trying to go on trade offs with all of the missionaries or just the leadership, one of the two. So no I wasn't in trouble or disobedient, it was just because President B is the best and he wants to get to know his missionaries better. Yes I am still a District Leader, I am now over the OP district which has 4 sets of missionaries: Us, Middleburg, and then 3 sets of Missionaries in OP. Two sets are sisters and one set is Elders and also I have the zone leaders in my district. I can't seem to get rid of the zone leaders haha No I don't have any bed bugs which is oh so very nice, I'm so glad that we don't have anymore.
My new area is very small, we can cover it pretty easily, that's why we are on bike some of the time, we are in a car share with the other Elders that live with us. My ward is called the FI 2nd ward and it is like half the size of my last ward so it was very weird on Sunday going from so big to so small. The area is much the same as my last one, it's pretty rich but we also have part of the area that isn't so rich, which is so nice, we have been getting a lot of work done in there and finding a lot of people this week.
Well Wednesday was my first day in the area and it went really well, I came in and we already have a baptismal date for the 27th, so I am so excited! Her name is J and she is a part member, I didn't get to meet her till Sunday but she is super solid. I also told you about the miracle we had with J and L, they were the two ladies that we started talking to in their garage, wow that was an incredible experience! We have just been seeing miracles ever since I got here. We really don't have a lot of investigators so we've been doing a lot of finding and boy has the Lord been blessing us. As of right now we have 4 appointments for this upcoming week for people that we have found and we probably gave out 8 Books of Mormon this week! Oh I love it! It's so much fun when you are seeing so much success and I know it’s all the Lord just blessing us, so I hope He continues to do so in this upcoming week.
What's really cool as well is that I got a referral from Brother F. in my last ward to send to the Elders in FI a week ago, so when I got here on Wednesday I was looking at a paper that said "Call brother F." I just thought wow that is amazing! It's pretty much like I sent the referral to myself haha. So I called Brother F. and he is going to set something up with his friend so that we can meet him at church this Sunday and from what Brother F. has told me about him, is that he gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he felt something as he read it, how cool is that?! Along with that there are a few part members in the ward that are so close to being taught and getting baptized its insane, I am just so excited to be here! However I know I can't get complacent because as soon as I do things will start to go down hill, so I need to keep working hard and being obedient.
Ok one more cool story. So this week we went to a members home and were talking to him and he told us about his friend who he had invited to come to church several times but kept making excuses, so I asked him if we could go knock on his door. He said we could and he pointed us in the right direction. Ironically as soon as we started to walk over he pulled up and so did a less-active sister right behind them. I guess he had been helping her out with some stuff at her house. Anyway we started talking to them and they both want to come to church with each other this Sunday and we have an appointment with them on Friday! Hopefully this will re-activate her and we will be able to baptize him, its a double bonus.
Oh also it's starting to get cold here believe it or not. On Thursday night Elder F. and I were riding our bikes and it was like 50 degrees which normally would be heaven for me but for some odd reason it was super cold! My hands were frozen and we couldn't get into anybody's home, so we started belting out hymns while we road and we started to get warmer haha it was so much fun! But anyway that's about all I've got and sorry it was all over the place, but that's how my memory is. Well I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week! Love, Elder Bushman
No comments:
Post a Comment