Dear Family, Well it is good to hear that all is going well and you are staying busy. That is pretty crazy that you all are all ready starting to go skiing, I remember last year at this time when I came back from Iowa over Thanksgiving break and Hunter, Dad, Steven, and I went up skiing and it was 15 below, man was that cold and boy was that fun! Dad, I had no Idea that you had bought some twin tipped skis, that's insane and yeah I'm glad I wasn't there to witness the fall, not because I would have been embarrassed, but because I would have felt bad because I would have been laughing too hard haha It's good to hear that you all had a good Thanksgiving, it's so weird to me that it has already been a year since last Thanksgiving.
Well we had a really good week and it started off really well with getting a new investigator named S. He was a media referral from church headquarters and he wanted to learn more about the church. When I called him last week I asked him if he had anything in particular that he wanted to learn about and he just said "start from the beginning." Well that was easy enough haha I guess his mother was LDS and she just recently passed away and so he wants to know what she believed and he also wants to make a change in his life and also his sons. When we went over he was just super sincere and humble and he just talked for the longest time telling us his story. Well we decided to teach him the importance of the Book of Mormon and by the end he was really excited to read it and was ready to set up a return appointment as well. So we went back to see him on Friday and taught part of the Plan of Salvation, he is really talkative so it's hard to get anywhere, but it went really well and it all mad sense to him and he told us he would come to church not this past Sunday but this upcoming one.
Also this week I had a pretty embarrassing experience as well. So I think it was Tuesday night I decided that my hair was getting too long and I wanted to cut it short, really short. Well I get to cutting it with my trimmers and I start off with a 3 on the top which I thought was just perfect. Then I did a 2 on the sides and after I got done I looked at it and thought well it could probably go just a little shorter and how much shorter could a 1 be then a two. I look at the one clip and think to myself, well that looks kind of short but I’m going to go for it anyway. So I start with the sideburns and just chopped them off what seemed like completely, there was nothing but white underneath! I freaked out! I had just totally buzzed the side of my head and there was no going back now, so I had to finish it, so my hair is extremely short now haha I actually kind of like it though, I was sick of the long hair, you all will see a picture it's not too bad.
Anyway so we had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It started off with football in the morning, we went and played in a turkey bowl in the morning with the wards and boy was that fun! I love football, the only problem is that I didn't have any cleats so I was slipping and sliding all over the place but I was still able to move pretty quick. We played for about 2 and a half hours and by the end I don't think I have ever been so sore in my life, we ran so much, in fact I’m still sore from the experience. After that we went back and got cleaned up and then went to dinner over at the M's, a member. It was amazing food and I ate way too much, which wasn't very good because we had a second meal lined up as well. So right after the M's we went to the B's and had dinner over there as well. The dinner over there was nice because his Granddaughter was there and she is a non-member and we actually got to teach her a little bit because she was asking a lot of questions, we even gave her a Book of Mormon. It was kind of scary though because Brother B has just recently been reactivated and so he was throwing a lot of non-important doctrine at her which we had to try and clean up haha So I'm telling you all now, first of all don't go less-active in the first place, and second of all when you share the gospel only share the things that are simple and that pertain to our salvation because that's all they need to know. In other words, read Preach my Gospel. Later in the evening we went over to the D's and had more dessert. We had sweet potato pie, which I never have had before, and it was amazing! Ten times better than pumpkin, in my opinion anyway.
Oh so another funny experience, we had Sister K call us this week, she is the one that is getting married to our investigator K, the panties on the head guy. Anyway well she called us and asked me if I could marry them haha well I told her that I couldn't but the Stake President could and so we have been trying to get that all set up, in fact K even came to church this week which was really cool and they both love Elder F and I, so we are hoping we can get her reactivated and him baptized. In case you are wondering we don't have a bishop at the moment that's why I said the stake president.
On Sunday we had the baptism and it went really well. I was able to give a talk on baptism which was wonderful, I don't really mind giving talks anymore. Then we got to witness the baptism and Brother D did such a wonderful job at baptizing his wife, it was a beautiful scene. I love baptisms, they are so powerful and so spiritual hopefully we will have another one coming up soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment