Dear Family, I am typing on a small computer today so excuse my grammar and any errors in it. First of all happy birthday to Heber! wow I cannot believe that he is already 2 years old, that is just so crazy, last time I saw him he was basically a newborn baby and now he is running around mooning people, what has this world come too haha Well I will be spending at least the next 6 weeks in this area! Thank goodness I am not getting transferred, there are so many good things going on in this area and I am very excited about it, plus I have been transferred 7 times on my mission and I was really hoping to stay here. Good thing God knows me the best and knows that I still have much work to accomplish here in this area. Also I will be keeping my same companion Elder H for another transfer. It’s going to be crazy because this upcoming transfer we will have thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years’ all in the same transfer. So it’s going to be an eventful transfer with hopefully many baptisms, we have a strong possibility for about 3 or 4 for the upcoming month. My last transfer will be kind of uneventful though, it’s just crazy to think about, time is going so fast. I won’t lie, I am a little nervous to come home soon, I have no idea what I am going to do, all I know is I need to be busy fast but I won’t worry about that right now, it will come. I am just loving my mission and it is sad to see it coming to an end, although it really isn’t the end, I will still be a missionary at home too. I am really excited to do home teaching because now I can actually give good thoughts haha! I have really come to enjoy talking to people too. I was telling Elder H this week that I think I am going to be one of those old people that just won’t ever stop talking someday, I know that is probably kind of weird coming from me, but I just really enjoy talking to people now it’s crazy!
Anyway we had another incredible week! Unfortunately J is not going to be baptized this weekend but she is going to be baptized in December for sure. We had a lesson with her last night and she committed to set her own date for December. She is incredible! She came to all 3 hours of church on Sunday and loved it! She had been really nervous to do it for a long time but finally did it and got a lot out of it. Her kids loved primary too, so it was really good all around. I have just come to love that family so much and they feel more like family then someone we are teaching, you really do gain friends for eternity while on a mission. The Gospel of Jesus Christ binds friendships and creates feelings of love and unity more than any other force on earth, it truly is the uniting power of eternities.
We are teaching another incredible woman. We started talking to her and asking how her day was going and then just started talking about God and her relationship with him. Eventually I shared a scripture from the Book of Mormon and she was blown away. She was told before that she should never read that book but when I read that scripture which talked about Christ she felt the spirit really strong and started asking us questions. She asked us why there were so many churches on the earth, it was something she had always wondered, we answered her question and told her that we could answer more of her questions if she would allow us to come back. She accepted a return appointment for Saturday and also accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon. We went back on Saturday and taught her the restoration and watched the Restoration DVD, and again she felt the spirit very strong but was worried about how in the bible that is says beware of false prophets. We explained that, that is why the Book of Mormon is important because it is the evidence and the fruits of the prophet Joseph Smith. She just kept saying "wow" all the time and we answered all of her questions. Yesterday we taught her the Plan of Salvation which answered many of her questions that she has had for all of her life. It was such an incredible experience to see the light and understanding enter into her heart and mind and she was so happy and grateful that she was finally getting her questions answered. We invited her to be baptized and she accepted. She is one of the most elect people I have ever taught, it is incredible!
There are about 3 other people that are progressing at the same rate as her. The Lord is truly blessing us at this time and I am so grateful! I just pray that I can continue to be worthy of such blessings, I don’t want to do anything that would make me lose trust with God. I know when I was younger I did a lot of dumb things to lose trust with Dad and I definitely don’t want to do that with God, that would be a bad idea haha But I really do love this Gospel and I know that it is true, I have had so many witnesses that it is and I am too stubborn to reject it....in a good way. I love my Savior Jesus Christ, I know he lives and I love my Father in Heaven and am so grateful to him for this wonderful plan that he has put for us, so that we can become like him. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! Love, Elder Bushman
Need your help, please. I have a Web site I'd like you to share with anyone planning on going on a mission, is on a mission, or knows someone who is going on a mission. In light of the new changes in missionary age, current youth at the same age as my former Youth Guides will be going on missions at 18 and 19. They need a place accessible to all on the Internet where they can go to get prepared, and I've provided it for them. http://Helamansonsletters.blogspot.com. The Brethren have made a decision to send them out earlier, let's give them some ammunition to be successful. Please visit my site and do what you can to share far and wide, please. Thanx! - Bro. P.
ReplyDelete