Dear Family, It is good to hear that all is going well. I don’t think I have ever been chucker hunting before but it sounds pretty fun! We had a really good week as well, thanksgiving was a killer but I will explain more a little later, I first want to address what Dad asked me about.
There are 3 main things that a missionary needs to be a successful missionary on a mission. These three things are my own personal opinion, so obviously there are many other good things that could be presented as well, but I will present these 3 which are: Obedience, Testimony, and a Love for God.
Obedience: Obedience is the first law of heaven and all blessings are predicated on this law and if we obtain any blessing from God it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated. As a missionary you are asked to do many things that you don’t necessarily understand. There are a lot of rules to live by, which can either be a blessing to a missionary or a cursing. The key to be exactly obedient is having a humble heart, being submissive, and being willing to do anything that is asked of you. You have to go into your mission with the Goal already at hand that you are going to be exactly obedient to every rule, obedience is the key to truly feeling free. When you are disobedient, it ways down upon your heart and mind and distracts you from the work which leads to none or very little success which leads to feeling miserable. God's plan of Salvation is a plan of happiness. He created this world and this plan to see if we would be obedient to all of his commandments. So in all reality you could call God's plan a plan of obedience which leads to true freedom and happiness.
Testimony: Having a testimony of this Gospel and this work is vital to being a missionary because you will have it tested many times on a mission. But when you can stand with boldness and testify that you know by the power of the Holy Ghost that this work is true, you feel a feeling of love and joy that is you can’t describe. Most importantly you need to have a testimony of the Book of Mormon, anyone preparing for a mission should read the Book of Mormon cover to cover and pray and ask God if it is true so he can receive a witness that it is and bear that witness to the world. To bring your testimony from testimony to conversion, you need to apply what you have learned in the scriptures and preach my gospel and have a mighty change of heart, when you have this change, nothing will hold you back. So gain a testimony before you leave through scripture study and prayer.
Have a Love for God: When all else fails on a mission, your love for God will motivate you and carry you through to do the hard thing. Coming to understand who you are and what kind of relationship you have with God will give you the strength to endure any trial. You have to be willing to give everything to God, give your whole soul as a sacrifice to him and let him use you as a worthy vessel to perform his work. So I would say develop a relationship with God now, come to know him now, do what he asks now, make the choice to love and serve him now, and as young men do this they will bring many souls to Christ on their missions. Also just as a last little note, they need to learn how to be hard workers, to be proactive and be anxiously engaged always in a good cause, this will help a lot. I hope these 3 points help.
Well now we will get back to my week. It went pretty good, we were able to set a date with one of our investigators on Tuesday. She is just a super elect lady. Thanksgiving was crazy! We went out to the beaches area and played in a turkey bowl with the wards over there. It was a lot of fun and made me think about little league football and I was super sore afterwards, but oh well it was worth it. Then we had 3 meals that day! The first one we had was at 12 pm, and we didn’t eat as much there because we were trying to portion ourselves well. Then the next one was at 1 pm, and I just went all out there, I ate so much food! It was all so good too; southern cooking is just one of a kind, not much that can beat it! Then we had another meal at 2 pm and by the time we got to that one I was shaking as I was bringing up food to my mouth haha I was so full! Although one of the ladies that cooked at that home made some lemonade pie! I haven’t seen that since I have left home and she did it with real lemons, it was really good. So yeah thanksgiving was quite the day.
Nothing big happened the rest of the week. A lot of our investigators went out of town or just were super busy because of the Holiday so we didn’t get to see a lot of them on the weekend. So we are looking forward to this week to have all of our investigators back in town and ready to be taught. We are teaching a lot of really wonderful people. Anyway, I Iove you all, have a great week! Love, Elder Bushman
No comments:
Post a Comment