Dear Family,
Well this week has been a really good week. I'm glad to hear things have been going well for all of you and that Mom and Dad you got back from Georgia and South Carolina safely. It's funny to hear how you think it has been so hot, to me it feels like this summer has been much more tolerable then last, but maybe that is because I am just starting to get used to it. Or it could be that I have been in a car all summer, that always helps too. But yes working in a shirt and a tie with all this humidity is quite the experience, it is pretty warm haha
Ok so we had a great week! We have been busy with many teaching appointments and lots of things to do, so it has been fun. We had a great experience with Elder Cardon of the seventy this week. We went to Kingsland for a zone conference, but we had a zone leader council with him right before the other meeting and it was incredible! He is a very humble man and very loving as well, he sounds a lot like President Eyring when he speaks. As we were in the Zone leader council we discussed the needs of missionaries and the things we were struggling with and he was able to give us some amazing information on how to better work with ward and stake leaders. I think that has really been the hardest thing here in the South is trying to work with the Ward leaders. It is very difficult to build trust and then when you do, It’s more like, Ok now we trust you to do what you want. Which is fine but really we want to work with them and help the members find so that we can bring solid people into the church. So Elder Cardon gave us a lot of good ideas on how to solve that. Then we had an amazing Zone conference, the spirit was just so strong and I learned so much. I think that greatest thing that I learned is when Elder Cardon talked about being servants. He told us never to say "I'm sorry to Bother you" We should never say that, he said, "Who do you think I am?" "I am a servant and servants are never bothered to do the master's will" This little concept hit me really hard because that is what we are. We are here as instruments in the hands of the Lord to bring to pass his work, we should never be bothered when we are asked to do something.
We also had an amazing experience this week with a part member family that we have been working with. The husband is a less-active member and she is the non-member. She has been working with missionaries for the last year and a half, but has never came to church. Well Elder Marquez and I made it our goal to keep this family together because they are one of the most amazing families in the world. We had dinner with them on Thursday evening and the dinner was great! We had biscuits and gravy, grits, and oatmeal. Then after that we had a powerful lesson, we read Mosiah chapter 4 with them. At the end we invited them to come to church as a family, they both looked at each other for a minute, it seemed like they were waiting for the other to say something. Finally the wife said that she was supposed to be doing something else - but that this was probably more important and then the husband said that he had no problem with it. So this Sunday for the first time since she has been taught by missionaries her and her whole family came to church! It was so incredible to see that little family sitting down in the chapel together. As I looked at them the spirit filled my heart with joy, I think for a small moment I caught a glimpse of what Ammon felt when the king and queen accepted the Gospel, it was true joy. Unfortunately our other investigator wasn't able to make it to church, a lot of people have been getting sick this week and one of her kids has pink eye, so hopefully we can meet with her soon so we can help her be prepared for her baptismal date.
We are also working with a few other people that are looking very promising to be baptized, the Lord is truly just pouring out blessings upon us, I wish I had more time to talk about them, but I have to go in a few minutes so I will conclude this letter by saying that I know that this Gospel is true, There really is no other answer, being here in the south has really opened my eyes to the fact that this really is the true church. I know that living the Gospel to its fullest is the only way to find true joy and true freedom and peace. I love you all and am grateful for your examples, have a great week! Love, Elder Bushman
No comments:
Post a Comment