Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Blessings just keep pouring on us....

Dear Family,  Well it's good to here that everything is going well back home. It finally stormed huh? Well my prediction is that it will snow all the way through June; it seems like if it starts late it will end late. I can't believe D is already getting married, that is insane! I think that is quicker than Jake and Hillary haha  How long were they even dating, couldn't have been that long. I bet J is freaking out over there in Paraguay. Anyway this week was a crazy week and I have a lot to talk about. I think, so I'll get started.

I guess first off, something that just came to my mind, in case you all are wondering why I haven't written a blog post in a while...it's because we are super busy and I have only done facebook once since I have been here, so I apologize if I have disappointed anyone with that. Well anyway this week has been super amazing, we taught so many lessons this week, it was incredible, definitely the most I've ever had, I don't even know how it happened. We were able to teach 37 lessons this week, the Lord is just blessing us so much and I don't know why haha but I love it and I am continually grateful. 

This whole week has just been leading up to the baptism of J and it almost didn't happen. Satan tried really hard to stop it from happening and it almost got postponed but luckily J stayed strong and the spirit won the battle for us. It all started off with J's boyfriend, who is in jail, he wanted to be able to listen to the baptism and confirmation over the phone but when we told him that they wouldn't be on the same day he flipped a switch. He didn't want to have the phone in the chapel because that would be disrespectful, so we compromised and told him he could hear it over the intercom from the relief society room. Well that wasn't going to work either because they were running out of minutes on their paid for phone program that they were using and wouldn't be able to listen to both the baptism and confirmation. So we ended up putting a little money into their account so that he could hear. Well in the end it all worked out and T got to hear everything from the phone. It was kind of weird carrying the phone around and just being able to hear his voice, it felt like he was the phone and we were carrying him around haha Then on Sunday we stuck him up in the ceiling in the relief society room so that he could hear the confirmation haha I don't think I will ever have an experience like that again, I think it's one of a kind. I had the opportunity to perform the  baptism which was really cool, it's been almost a year since I've gotten in my whites so it felt really good.

Earlier in the week we had a lesson with T and we took a less-active member with us to the dinner. His name is Brother D and he is just a wonderful man, just has a few struggles, but he's awesome.  But even though all of that happened Brother D really liked her haha 

We also had a hilarious experience with this big old black lady this week. She was sitting on her porch and we decided to go talk to her. She was a pretty big woman and she had the most horrendous make up on. She really looked like the joker off of batman and she had blond hair. We started talking to her and she just loves Jesus, so we started talking to her about baptism. Her son came out, and if you can picture this, She has this walker and she starts rocking back and forth and starts yelling "if you want to see God again you must be BAPTIZED!!!" and she just starts saying "holy holy holy" I wish I could write it out like the way it sounded, but it was just hilarious and we through in a couple of amens and hallelujah, it was great! Well the son was actually pretty interested, in fact Elder A had actually talked to him before so we are hoping to see some good come from him.

Yesterday we went to a member's house, the C. They live out on the Islands here in S and they have a smoker. Well brother C smoked a turkey and some sausage, and let me tell you, it was amazing! I probably ate 4 pounds worth of food. I was tasting smoked turkey for the rest of the night haha I didn't feel very good last night, in fact I didn't get a whole lot of sleep and almost threw up, but it sure did taste good and I have no regrets haha That was really all the highlights of this past week, the rest of it were just a lot of talking and teaching and not a whole lot of progressing investigators at this point. We had some solid people, but none of them showed up to church, so a few of our dates fell through, but that's alright because S is just amazing. Today we went down and toured a little bit of downtown, it was really cool, the buildings here are amazing! Well that's about all I've got and I better get going, but I love you all and hope you have a great week!  Love,  Elder Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment