Dear Family, Well I guess since you all want more detail in the letters, I will not talk so much about what you all did but just go strait into the good stuff. Although I would like to wish Libby a Happy Birthday, I hope you had a great birthday and thank you for making my brother so happy, Happy Birthday!
Well this week has been really good, we were able to start off the week and go on a trade-off withHinesville , Georgia and it was great because we were able to help them set 3 dates while we were there. Hinesville has the biggest army base on it east of the Mississippi . It was a lot of fun and I got to go on the trade off with an Elder G who I found out is from Utah . In fact he knew a lot of the people I knew and hung out with a lot of people from Viewmont. He went to Bountiful High School , so we got to talk a little bit about all the kids that have gone on missions and kids that are going and just how merciful the Lord really is. We had a really good time!
On Wednesday we came back and had a lesson with our investigator J.W. It was really good we were able to teach her the Doctrine of Christ and she really liked it and thought it was a lot better than anything she had ever been taught and that it was much simpler. Something kind of cool that we learned about her is that she used to be a J dub for 7 years but didn't like the things it taught. But anyways she is getting baptized this Saturday and she is super excited. We were supposed to have a lesson her on Friday but she had a migraine. We talked to her on the phone and she told us, "I don't care if I have a migraine or a broken bone or if I am sick, I am getting baptized!" ha ha it was so amazing! She was a referral from her boyfriend that is a member who is in jail, and we have actually talked to him on the phone, but when he found out that she was getting baptized on Saturday and getting confirmed on Sunday, he was really upset because he wanted to be able to listen to the confirmation over the phone and he was wanting to postpone the whole thing just so he could listen to it! Can you believe that, the nerve! haha It's like it is his baptism or something, but we want to keep them happy so we have figured out a way for it all to work so that she can still be confirmed on Sunday in sacrament meeting and for him to hear it. We will just have him listen to it from the Relief Society room.
On Thursday we had Zone Conference and it was amazing! I love President B, he is such an amazing man and he just has so much power. We set our goal for this upcoming year for how many baptisms as a mission we want to have and the goal is 1000 with 100 percent retention! At first I was taken back thinking that, that would be impossible but then the spirit just bore witness to me that there were 1000 souls that the Lord was preparing for this year and as we do everything in our power to reach it and trust in the Lord, it is possible. Then President B just bore powerful testimony about it and said if we are not one, ye are not mine. Oh wow it was just amazing, this truly is a special time in the history of the world, it's the dispensation of the fullness of times, the last time the gospel will be on the Earth before the second coming, and we are in a Mormon Moment where the church is more out there than it ever has been before! I am so grateful to be a missionary at this time to bring souls to Christ!
That night we were able to go on a Trade-off with President B and we went and taught D. and S. and we had President teach the first vision and re-invite them to be baptized. It was such a powerful lesson and I just couldn't believe how powerful the spirit was, but they still wouldn't accept because D. has this vision of uniting all the Christian churches and he feels like if he is apart of a certain denomination that it will make it so people wont want to listen to him. He is prideful and doesn't realize that this process has already begun, but we are still working with him and I am going to give him the talk you gave me about strengths becoming our downfall.
On Friday we had a trade off with the assistants and I was able to go with Elder R. We had a dinner at a sister's house and she had a friend that is living with her that’s not a member and we taught her the restoration and set a date with her for the 29th! It was such a sweet miracle and she was able to come to church on Sunday, so it was really good. We are just being blessed and I am loving every minute of it, the only bad thing is that the end of the transfer is coming up quick and I just wish it would slow down a bit, but what can you do. Well unfortunately I have run out of time again. Dad if you could start writing me again I could make these longer, but I have people waiting on me right now so I better get going. I love you all and have a wonderful week! Love, Elder Bushman
Well this week has been really good, we were able to start off the week and go on a trade-off with
On Wednesday we came back and had a lesson with our investigator J.W. It was really good we were able to teach her the Doctrine of Christ and she really liked it and thought it was a lot better than anything she had ever been taught and that it was much simpler. Something kind of cool that we learned about her is that she used to be a J dub for 7 years but didn't like the things it taught. But anyways she is getting baptized this Saturday and she is super excited. We were supposed to have a lesson her on Friday but she had a migraine. We talked to her on the phone and she told us, "I don't care if I have a migraine or a broken bone or if I am sick, I am getting baptized!" ha ha it was so amazing! She was a referral from her boyfriend that is a member who is in jail, and we have actually talked to him on the phone, but when he found out that she was getting baptized on Saturday and getting confirmed on Sunday, he was really upset because he wanted to be able to listen to the confirmation over the phone and he was wanting to postpone the whole thing just so he could listen to it! Can you believe that, the nerve! haha It's like it is his baptism or something, but we want to keep them happy so we have figured out a way for it all to work so that she can still be confirmed on Sunday in sacrament meeting and for him to hear it. We will just have him listen to it from the Relief Society room.
On Thursday we had Zone Conference and it was amazing! I love President B, he is such an amazing man and he just has so much power. We set our goal for this upcoming year for how many baptisms as a mission we want to have and the goal is 1000 with 100 percent retention! At first I was taken back thinking that, that would be impossible but then the spirit just bore witness to me that there were 1000 souls that the Lord was preparing for this year and as we do everything in our power to reach it and trust in the Lord, it is possible. Then President B just bore powerful testimony about it and said if we are not one, ye are not mine. Oh wow it was just amazing, this truly is a special time in the history of the world, it's the dispensation of the fullness of times, the last time the gospel will be on the Earth before the second coming, and we are in a Mormon Moment where the church is more out there than it ever has been before! I am so grateful to be a missionary at this time to bring souls to Christ!
That night we were able to go on a Trade-off with President B and we went and taught D. and S. and we had President teach the first vision and re-invite them to be baptized. It was such a powerful lesson and I just couldn't believe how powerful the spirit was, but they still wouldn't accept because D. has this vision of uniting all the Christian churches and he feels like if he is apart of a certain denomination that it will make it so people wont want to listen to him. He is prideful and doesn't realize that this process has already begun, but we are still working with him and I am going to give him the talk you gave me about strengths becoming our downfall.
On Friday we had a trade off with the assistants and I was able to go with Elder R. We had a dinner at a sister's house and she had a friend that is living with her that’s not a member and we taught her the restoration and set a date with her for the 29th! It was such a sweet miracle and she was able to come to church on Sunday, so it was really good. We are just being blessed and I am loving every minute of it, the only bad thing is that the end of the transfer is coming up quick and I just wish it would slow down a bit, but what can you do. Well unfortunately I have run out of time again. Dad if you could start writing me again I could make these longer, but I have people waiting on me right now so I better get going. I love you all and have a wonderful week! Love, Elder Bushman
No comments:
Post a Comment