Thursday, February 17, 2011

MTC Survival - week one....

Dear family,
I need to write to you in my email because I don’t have a lot of time to write letters today and I have a lot to write so I apologize. Everything here at the Mtc is amazing, the spirit is so strong here, but it is a lot of work. The first two days seemed like an eternity, I was already getting anxious about going out into the field, it wasn't good. I soon got over that though and now love every moment that I get to learn. I've been trying to learn every scripture that applies to things that we teach. I've been writing them down and still have a lot more to go but it is going well. I hope to eventually just be able to pop out scriptures whenever I want as the spirit directs. It's amazing how quickly you learn, especially when you pray about it. My companion and I learned the first lesson in like two days and we have gotten really good at teaching it! I love to teach, it is one of the coolest things ever! I know that is weird coming from me but it is true haha Every time I teach I just feel like I have something so important to say and people need to here it. We've just been doing role plays, but it doesn't feel like a role play when you're teaching. Almost every time we have taught the sister's they have cried the spirit is so strong. We've learned that you need the Holy Ghost always to be an effective teacher. Especially yesterday, yesterday was a really rough day it just started out bad. We couldn't focus, especially me, I got pretty upset about it because the night before we had a devotional where the speaker was talking about how we need to become disciples of Jesus Christ now and do everything thing we can to accomplish that. I felt like I did a terrible job at it. But I learned that sometimes you need a break, but you need to have it in moderation. So yeah everything is going great. Oh as for the zone leader thing. Basically we greet the new missionaries coming into the zone, take them on a tour, take care of the zone, make sure everything is going well, go to a lot of meetings, and give letters from the missionaries to the stake president.

Mom I don’t need pajamas I have them. Thanks for the rain jacket and everything else and thanks so much for the package it was awesome, my district loved the cookies. And hunter that’s good you want to go on a mission, but its good to grow up first, you got a ways to go so just be patient. Make sure you learn as much as you can before you leave it will help. Get your duty to god for sure, and build your testimony, your testimony and your smile will be the two greatest things you can have when teaching. Its helped me a ton. OH and you BETTER NOT have my cell phone!!!! Anyway everything is going well here, my companion is opening up a lot more and so am I. I can talk to random people and have a conversation it’s really cool. Well I love you thanks for all the love and support, I’ll try to write a letter next week, but until then peace out family.

p.s. THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!

Hi mom,

Everything is going well I’m working hard. My companion is elder Svedin, good luck saying that right. I can't write much I’m almost out of time but read dad's email its addressed to the whole family. I've seen a lot of people I know, Elder Barlow, Sterling Ward, Helam, Kid's I’ve played baseball against when I was little, and lots of other people - its crazy how small of a world it is. But anyway sorry this is short but I got to go cya.

No comments:

Post a Comment