Friday, February 4, 2011

Here we go...... at last - the long awaited CALL!

Garrett arrived home from Iowa for Christmas about 2:00 am on Dec. 15th - and his mission call came at noon on the same day!  He was so thrilled to get it!  He is going to Jacksonville Florida - and leaves on February 9th.  We are so excited for him - I think all the experiences and growth that he has had at Iowa will help him be a better missionary.....  Having just got him home - my heart wonders - can I do this again?  Oh help!  But then I wouldn't want him anywhere else!!!!

 Waiting ANXIOUSLY for dad to get home from work......
 You are hereby called to serve......
YES!!!!!  IT'S NOT IOWA!!!!!!
The joke in our family has been that he was going to get called back to Iowa for his mission - and although I know he would have said yes, it would have been the biggest challenge in his life - by far!  So he was so relieved and HAPPY that he wasn't going to Iowa - he could have been called ANYWHERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment