Oh boy what a crazy week it has been, I am pretty exhausted but it is good. I am glad to hear everything is going well back home, and it is good to know something I said last week helped someone. I want to invite everyone that reads this letter to watch a talk by Jeffery R. Holland called "Safety for the Soul" It is powerful! So I did get a new companion and his name is Elder W, he is actually from the same ward that Elder H came from haha kind of funny. He is a very hard worker and we already get along very well, so I am excited to work with him. He had just barely been called a district leader 2 weeks ago when the transfer started and now he got called to be a zone leader but he is handling it very well.
On Thursday we got a media referral on our phone for a person. So we decided to go by and see him that day. When we went by a 16 year old kid answered and we asked him if ________ lived there. Out of nowhere comes this little 8 year old kid saying "That's me!" I wish I could have had a camera to take a picture of the expression on our faces because I am sure it was priceless, but we were shocked to say the least. We asked him if he went on the website and asked us to come by to which he replied he did. Well right at that moment his friend came by and he left with his friend to go play so we were left talking to his brother and his mom. They had no idea that he had done such a thing but with how funny it was it really opened things up and we ended up talking to his mom for 40 minutes right there on the doorstep. Her husband had actually passed away a year earlier and she had a lot of questions about religion and about life in General. It truly was a miracle! We set a return appointment for Sunday to go see them. When we went by we asked ______ how he got on the website and he said that he was just playing a video game on the internet and something popped up and he clicked okay, which if you know anything about the website is not how you request missionaries. You have to go to the website and type in all your information so that we could come by, so some miracle had to have happened. We ended up teaching the Restoration and we are going back on Tuesday to teach the Plan of Salvation, so we are really excited about them. _____ is progressing well and is getting baptized this month.
We also started teaching a lady this week who is most definitely the most prepared person to receive the Gospel that I have ever met on my mission. We taught her for the first time on Monday and before we started she asked why we came on missions and we tried to explain it to her, but she just wasn't getting why we would give up time to do something like this. I told her by the end of the lesson that she would know why we came out. As we taught her the Restoration she told us of an experience she had, that she used to be atheist and then had an experience that she finally prayed to know if God existed and she said she felt a warmth come over here that she had never felt before and she felt God's love and knew he was real. Ever since then she has been searching for that feeling again as we were teaching her she felt it again. She said that nobody had ever believed her before about her experience but now she has found people that do. By the end of the lesson she said "Now I know why you come, to find people like me." It was one of the most powerful lessons I have ever had on my mission. Later in the week we taught her the plan of Salvation and it answered all of her questions. She said later that she couldn't get the Celestial Kingdom out of her head, that now she has hope for eternal life because nobody had ever been able to tell her what happens after life but now she knows and now she has hope. Oh it was so powerful. We are going to see her tonight and she has a baptismal date set so we are very excited and so is she.
Well I got to get going, but thank you for everything that you all do and have a wonderful week! Love, Elder Bushman
No comments:
Post a Comment