Monday, October 15, 2012

Let the good times roll.....

Dear Family,

Oh wow it is so weird to see those pictures! I love those Missionaries so much, they helped me out in so many ways on my mission and were always a shining example of Christlike service. I have some of my best friends in the world coming home and one of my best friends going out, what a glorious thing it is to see Tyler going on a mission! What joy feels my heart to know that he has come such a long way and is making that step, it is going to change his life forever, it has for me. I'm not going to lie it was really hard for me to see all those missionaries go, I only have a few of my companions that are left in the field now after that transfer and next transfer I will have even more of my companions leaving. I am grateful to finally have a younger companion haha Elder H. He has been out on his mission for 9 months now and this is only his second area, he was in his first area for 9 months. He was trained by the same missionary I was trained by, Elder W. So in the mission lingo we are brothers, so that is kind of cool. Right now I am kind of training him how to be a Zone Leader which I don't know if that is really effective because I don't know what I am doing half of the time haha but it will work out and it will be fun. It's weird to think that I have been a zone leader for almost a year now, It's been the fastest year of my life. I'm starting to get to that point on my mission where everyone is like "how much time do you got left? Only 4 months wow you are almost done aren't you?" It's getting really annoying. I have given all of my companions a hard time because of the amount of time that they have left and now its coming on me 10 fold haha

Well anyway I will start off talking about this week. Well all the amazing people that I told you about that we found on Monday pretty much dropped off the face of the earth now. They weren't as solid as I thought they were going to be, but that is alright there are plenty more out there. We did find a sweet little miracle this week the second day that Elder H was here. We went to go see this active member that has like 6 Grandchildren that live with her. She is a convert of about 4 years and all of her grandchildren have fallen in behind. Well she has one that is turning 8 today actually and since he isn't her kid technically he will be a convert baptism! So we are going to teach him and baptize him! It is going to be incredible, so I hope the ward will go along with it, we told President Barry and he called Salt Lake and they said it would be a convert baptism so hurrah for us haha 

I think the next day we were tracting and we contacted into this guy. We talked with him for about 30 minutes about all sorts of different things, and eventually I asked him if we could come in and bless his home. He let us right in, he really liked us by this point. His wife was inside and so was his 19 year old son and we sat down in their family room and offered a blessing upon their home and family. The spirit entered into the room and really softened all of their hearts. Afterwards we sat and talked for a little bit longer and we found out that his Grandmother was a member of the church and that he had her copy of the Book of Mormon and we went searching for it all excitedly. He came back out and showed us the Book and it was super old but really neat. I asked him if we could come back and talk more about the book and he looked at me for a second and then said "yeah, that would be fine, I would like that." he then asked his wife if we could do so and she agreed and we are going to go back over this Friday!

I have really just come to love these people on my mission.  Every day I am learning more and more about our Identity. The statement "I am a Child of God" is becoming real to me not just a statement. I really do know that I am a child of God. That I have a Father in Heaven who loves me and knows me individually and what an incredible thought that is, that there is a perfect being in this universe that cares about someone as small and insignificant as me, it really blows my mind. I know that he feels the same way about each person that we see every day and it is my desire and my hope that they can come to know the same thing I do, and I hope we all can. It's when we come to understand our identity that every aspect of our life changes. I am so grateful for this gospel and for this church, I don't know where I would be without it. I love you all and thank you for all that you do, have a great week!  Love, Elder Bushman

P.S. Mom I think that the change of the missionary age is a brilliant idea by the way. I think there are going to be many more missionaries out in the field and more missionaries means more hearts will be changed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment