Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Life......

Dear Family,   Well sorry this letter is finally just getting to you today, I forgot to tell you all that once again because of transfers our P-Day is on Tuesday, so no worries I didn't forget about you! Thank you so much for the letters, it's good to hear that all is going well back home. Dad I am impressed you are still keeping up with all those young guys, I'm glad you are staying young haha And that was so weird hearing from Elder Sears, he seems like he has changed a lot since I last talked to him, actually I was wondering if you could get his address for me, I would like to write him. So yesterday we got some sad news that a missionary that served in my mission passed away from a motorcycle accident. He was companions with Elder A at one point. I was saddened by the news, but I am so grateful for the understanding of the plan of salvation. Also his family are going to donate his organs so that others might live, it's just incredible how many ways this young man has been used to save lives, whether spiritually or physically and he will yet be doing a great work beyond the veil in the spirit world. 

Well this week has been a great week! There is a real fire burning in the mission right now and many miracles are unfolding.  I'm really just beginning to understand the consequences of decisions and actions, I was reading Alma 5 the other day and it hit me really strong at how accountable we are as members of the church. Alma the whole time was just listing question after question like Have you had this mighty change of heart, have you spiritually been born of God, Have you had him image engraven upon your countenance, do you put your faith in the Redemption of him who created all things and so on? The whole time he is just asking if we have done all these things to help us become more like our Savior and the whole time I'm thinking, "I need to shape up!" But that is the great thing I love about this life, that no matter who we are or who we have been we can change and become better. So I am grateful for the enabling power of the Atonement.

Anyway enough of my little shpeil about the world, I'll get back to my week. I don't really know what to talk about, there has been a lot of really good stuff that has happened this week, it's hard to know where to start. Preparing for Zone conference this month President Barry has had all the missionaries do a study on the Doctrine of Christ. On Saturday we were studying the Principle of Faith and that day we were supposed to go out and find 2 new investigators. Elder G and I were determined to find 2, so we prayed mightily for the opportunity and then went out to work. We worked hard all stinkin day without any success, we tracted and tracted and contacted and contacted but we continued to pray. Near the end of the night at 8 pm we were in this apartment complex and heard this girl crying uncontrollably. At first we weren't going to talk to her but we decided to go over anyway. We were able to teach her a lesson and get a new investigator, it was incredible! Then we got a phone call from the elders in K and they gave us this way sweet referral that had just been to her sister’s baptism and felt the spirit extremely strong and now she wants to get baptized and she lives down here!   Anyway it was a pretty miraculous night! Then we went and had an amazing lesson with this lady. We had an amazing lesson where we read from Alma 32 and she felt the spirit super strong so we invited her to church but she didn't really want to go, but then we told her how amazing church was and she said she would come. She came to church the next day and absolutely loved it! She is way neat and I am excited to teach her more.

But anyway that was basically our week, I will be getting a new companion tomorrow so I am excited about that. Elder G and I had a blast this transfer, and no he didn't get trunky at all which was really nice. But it's always exciting to start over and get someone new to work with. Well I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!  Love, Elder Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment