Monday, June 11, 2012

Back to Florida.....

Dear Family,  Well I am glad all is going well and it is really weird to be looking
at the pictures of Elder Bass being home, it really feels like
yesterday that I met him my first day in the mission and got a picture
with all the Farmington Elders. Well I'm sure glad it's him and not
me! Haha.   Well like you know I have been transferred back to
Jacksonville, my companions name is Elder G and we are over the
YSA branch here in Jacksonville. I don't know what President Barry was
thinking to put me over the Young Single Adults but I guess there is a
purpose. Because we are over the YSA's our area covers all 3
Jacksonville zones or stakes, which I've served in all 3 so I know a
lot of the areas. It is Elder G’s last transfer so he will be the
second missionary that I have killed off, thank goodness he's not
trunky at all, he is a really good missionary and we are getting a
long great!  Elder N actually served with him for 3 months before
he served with me so, we are basically switching companions.

I wanted to answer Dad's questions before I get into any thing else so
I don't forget. So I believe you asked me to share 3 things that
happened before my mission that really influenced me and maintained me
on my mission.

1. I would say one of the things for sure would be the sport I played
growing up. Sports really taught me to work hard and be strong.
Especially when everyone was outgrowing me and I wasn't as good as I
had been, it taught me a lot of patience and perseverance. I remember
those many times that I wanted to quit playing baseball because I
wasn't playing that well anymore or all those long gasers that we used
to have at football practice and my breathing was terrible. So many
times I wanted to give up and just quit but I couldn't ever let myself
do it and I believe that has been a great strength to me on my
mission.

2. I believe the way you raised me to be honest and obedient in all
that I do. Back home I was mostly obedient and honest out of fear
rather than love, but now I understand the purpose and why it is so
important. All the little rules you gave me growing up really prepared
me for a mission because we have so many rules out here, but to me
they seem like nothing because I am used to it, and I understand the
principle of obedience and integrity since you always pounded it into
my head. So thank you for that.

3. Then obviously the 3rd experience would be Iowa. In Iowa I learned
the importance of a lot of things. I learned to rely on the Lord. I
gained a strong testimony about the importance of church and the
Sacrament. I learned the importance of patience and endurance. I truly
believe that, that was the culminating experience that I needed to
prepare for my mission. It taught me many things that I have needed
while I have been out here and it’s been something I have been able to
share with others when they are having a hard time or feel like they
are alone. I still look back often on that experience and wonder how I
ever got through it and I know it was only because of the strength of
the Lord, there was nothing else that could have pulled me through. It
was the worst, best thing that could have happened to me, if that
makes sense at all.

So yeah there are the 3 biggest things that first popped into my head,
I hope it satisfies. Oh and Mom you taught me to love others and look
for their good qualities, and you taught me how to listen. So don't
feel left out I learned more from you than you could ever imagine.
Anyway so we had a really good week this week. We had this kid named
C that we have been working with. We didn't have the chance to
meet with him all week until Sunday when he came to church for the
first time. He called us Sunday morning in tears because of some
trials that he has been facing in his life and we told him to just
come to church and he said he would. So he showed up to church and all
the YSA's welcomed him in so amazingly. I was blown away, we never had
that kind of welcoming in Savannah. Afterwards he told me how he
planned to stay and that he wants to be involved in a lot of the
activities. So tonight we are having FHE at President and Sister
Barry's house and we are bringing him and a lot of other
investigators. Every month they hold a FHE at their home and I've
never been able to go to it because I am always so far away but now I
get to go, I am so excited!!!! Being in the YSA is really weird though
because there are a lot of the kids that were in the Julington Creek
ward that come to the YSA now and so it's like I never left, it's
interesting.

Oh Also I got to go on a power trade with the Fort Caroline Elders
this week. That is where I served a year ago by the way, and we went
and saw one of my favorite Families in the world. I don't know if you
remember me telling you about the M family, but they are amazing
and we almost baptized her son I. They are Hawaiian. But anyway I
got to see them and they all remembered me, it was such an amazing
thing, I love that family so much! Anyway that was really the jest of
our week since it was so short because of transfers, so.......yeah
that's all I got. Oh tell Jake happy birthday for me, I would have
made him a card but I will when he writes me haha I'm just kidding I
just forgot to do it. So happy Birthday Jake even though it was 4 days
ago. Ok I think that's it, well I love you all and have a wonderful
week,  Love,  Elder Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment