Well this week has been a pretty crazy week and a super busy one, I am exhausted once again, but in a good way. We had our two day trade off week with HH and B. On Tuesday we went to HH's district meeting and had a trade off with them. HH is a pretty place, it is pretty touristy and there are a lot of Spanish people. I got to go on the island this time and we pretty much contacted the whole time, but I had no Idea what was going on because it was all in Spanish, but it was still a lot of fun.
On Wednesday we went on a trade off up in B and I was able to go with Elder B who actually trained Elder A. Elder B is amazing. We had a fun trade off and just talked about a lot of the old people that used to be in the mission. On Thursday we had another trade off with the assistants in S, so we were finally back in our area but we were on another trade off, which I was actually pretty thankful for because we had been gone for 2 days I was hoping to get some solid numbers that day, which we did! I went with Elder A, it was great, it felt like we just picked up where he left off, except now I was leading which was a little weird but a lot of fun. We had some good talks and both of us were just feeling the weight of being a leader. We were talking about how much the mission needs to improve if we are to reach our goals and what we were going to do to achieve it. I don't know the gospel is just so important and it is so important that we share it, because this is the last time the gospel will be on the earth before Christ comes again, we are the ones preparing the world for his second coming. I just wonder what the prophet must feel like sometimes as he prays about all of us and just praying that we will catch the vision about how important this really is. Then I wondered how President B must feel when he gives us all these tools to do missionary work and he exhorts us to be diligent and obedient so strongly and yet missionaries choose not to heed his council. I guess I just want to be the best instrument in God's hands that I can be, and I know I am far from perfect, but I do desire to figure out everything I must do to be as worthy as I can so I can fulfill my calling. Anyway these were just some of the things that Elder A and I talked about, it was a really good conversation.
The Lord is also just blessing us with referrals from members out of nowhere and we have some pretty good potential people that we are working with. JW, our recent convert, is doing amazing! She is more than half way through preach my gospel now and is on fire! She has given us 4 referrals in the past week for some of her friends, some of them who are really solid and want to come to church. We are also working with a couple part member families who seem to be really solid, one of them came to church on Sunday, at least the less active man did, so we are hoping to really get things started with them and get his wife baptized.
Oh on Saturday as we were about to leave, the Jehovah Witnesses knocked on our door! Oh it was great, in fact one of them was someone that we had contacted on the street a week ago. haha Anyway they started talking to us about Armageddon and gave us a pamphlet and we listened kindly and didn't really say anything. Then the other guy talked and he started saying how his sister was a Mormon and how her husband
cheated on her and stuff but anyway he said that his brother in law asked him once how you could know if any of the books that were written were true, namely the Quran, Bible, and Book of Mormon. He said he didn't have an answer at the time and he thought about it for years but now he finally knew and then he asked us if we knew the answer. Boy did he dig himself into a hole with that question. I said of course I know the answer! I quoted from
Well anyway that was the gist of our week, I’m running out of time so I better get off, and thankfully nothing has been deleted on me, so I will talk to you all later. Have a great week. Love you all! Elder Bushman
No comments:
Post a Comment