Monday, October 17, 2011

A Fire is Burning....

Dear Family,  Oh man what a wonderful week! We finally had an investigator come to church!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy I can't even tell you, wow the Lord is truly blessing us.

Well anyway I hear that it is getting cold back in Utah again and I'm not going to lie that is one thing I'm going to miss, is the snow. Out here it is cooling down wonderfully, it is about 80 degrees everyday but without humidity so it feels really good. 

Ok so on with the week. Well on Monday we didn't really do much, in fact I can't really remember much about Monday at all. But on Tuesday we did a lot of good stuff, Tuesday was a really good day actually. We were able to pick up two new investigators and they were both member referrals. The first one is a girl named J. who Brother C. referred us too. She lives with them because her boyfriend is brother C’s great grandson or something. But anyway it was so funny because Brother C said to us, "if people are going to live in my house they are going to take the discussions!" so he looked at J and said, "J, it's your time." Ha ha ha it was so funny and she accepted, so we taught her the first lesson right then and there and now we have an appointment tonight at 6.  I don't know how receptive she is our how much she really wants to know, but if she reads the Book of Mormon then she will definitely get an answer. Then later that night we had a lesson with B who is a 16 year old kid.  He is the best friend of Conner E. who is a priest in the ward and we just watched the Restoration with him and invited him to read the Book of Mormon, so that was excellent, and he is the one that came to church!

 On Wednesday we had district meeting down in St. Augustine and I did my training all on the Book of Mormon. I absolutely love the Book of Mormon! I have been digging into the October Ensign - which if you haven’t read is all about the Book of Mormon. It brings such good insight and such a powerful witness about the importance of the Book of Mormon. My favorite talk in there is by President Ezra Taft Benson on the Book of Mormon being the keystone of our religion, it was magnificent! So I basically based my district meeting off of that talk and then committed everyone at the end to at least hand out one Book of Mormon per day. Well it set off a fire, at least in Elder G and I, because we handed out I think 9 or 10 Book of Mormons this week! We have been working so hard and finding a lot of potential investigators, so it’s been really good. After district meeting I went on a trade off with Elder M in my district and found out that we actually had the same teacher at the MTC, how weird is that? He just came out 4 and a half months ahead of me. We had a really good trade off and he is a really good missionary, so it felt good to let the load off my shoulders for a little bit. 

Then on Thursday we traded back and I honestly can't remember much about Thursday either, except that I didn't feel really good. I got pretty sick to my stomach because I ate some expired ham at lunch probably. But yeah I had to run to a members house at one point and that was pretty embarrassing but oh well what can you do, crap happens haha

Friday I went on a trade off with Elder T who is one of the Zone leaders and we had a way good trade off. Again it was so nice to work with someone that really knew what they were doing and I wasn't having to do all the thinking and the work, it was equal share. We got a lot of good work done and had a great time. I'm not saying that I don't like being with Elder G, it’s just I need to do a better job at giving him a little more of the load because I'm pretty much doing 95 percent of it right now, so that's one of my goals is to help him do more and to let him do more. Oh it was funny too because at the end of the night with Elder T we were tracting in this neighborhood and we knocked on this door at 8:50 at night and we saw this guy run into the other room. We sat there for a little bit and nobody was coming but as we started to walk away this guy came to the door and he told us that we needed to leave now. He told us that we shouldn't be doing this at that time at night because bad things could happen. He then turned around and I thought he was going to moon us but there in his pants was a gun, I guess he got pretty scared or something but anyway I'm sure glad he didn't pull the trigger while that was down his pants because that would have been no bueno for him haha

So then on Saturday Elder G and I were back together and we had a pretty good day, we had a couple of lessons with some of our investigators and saw a lot of people and got fed once, so yeah it was a good day. Then on Sunday B came to church and it was just a most joyous day, it felt so good to finally have someone come! He really liked it too.  He told us that the three hours just seemed to go right on by so that was good. We should be seeing him again sometime this week, so we are excited for that. Well anyway that was our week and I can't believe that we are already half way through this transfer, its crazy how fast time flies. Tomorrow is going to be a great day as well because we are going to be going on a trade off with President B! He's coming to our area to go out and work with us for a couple of hours, which is going to be absolutely wonderful, I love that man!

Well anyway I don’t think I have anything else to say, but I do want to let you know that I about died laughing as I pictured Jake running through the water to a duck like a dog runs to a treat, he probably had his tongue out and everything hahaha its still making me laugh. Hopefully all that running through the water will get him ready for the Wind Rivers. Thank you for all that you do and I love you all, and have a wonderful week!

P.S. Dad I did get your email about T and I about forgot to say something just as I did last week, but I was so happy when I saw that, I've been worrying about that kid for a while, I am just so excited! Well Cya.

No comments:

Post a Comment